Consultant / Senior Consultant, Front Office Solutions, Limerick
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Summary :
Under general supervision (but works independently most of the time) responsible for the oversight of daily operational support for FOS clients. The Front Office Solutions function provides operational and technology solutions of complex asset allocators across the globe. The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Work with multiple investment professionals such as CIOs, asset owners, board directors, etc. to ensure understanding of client requests.
• Work with client's operational staff on discovery, problem resolution, workflow mgmt, etc.
• Establish expectations, host discovery meetings, and guide client through onboarding process.
• Prioritization of tasks based on urgency, timeline, workload, etc.
• Oversight and responsibility for daily operational support.
• Daily investment operations - valuations, transactions, fee entry, document management, investment statements.
• Understand investment historical data - work with client to ensure data mapping between systems is accurate.
• Import and normalize large amount of historical data from multiple systems
• Reconcile transactions, market values, and investment positions across multiple data sources.
• Establish, implement, and deliver training and system education both internally and to clients.
• Procedure and process creation, documentation, and implementation Prioritization of tasks based on urgency, timeline, workload, etc.
• Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
• May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management
• Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
• May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role)
• More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas
• Delivers a work product that requires less revision
• Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions Skills/Qualifications:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
• In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
• Highly flexible and adaptable to change
• Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. Peoplesoft) is required
• Core Excel Skills (excel pivot tables, charts, V-lookup, etc)
• Advanced data skills (Excel macros, VBA, Python, SQL, etc) - Preferred
• Basic investment concept knowledge (IRR, time-weighted return, NAVs, accruals, etc)
• Investment operations knowledge (Hedge fund accounting, private equity, performance reporting, etc.)
• Alternative asset knowledge - hedge funds, private equity, non-marketable securities, marketable securities
• Understanding of alternative asset reporting, performance measure, liquidity measures, capital calls, fee reporting, etc.
• A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is required / preferred. Related Industry qualification (e.g. ACCA) is required / preferred
• Understanding of alternative Experience with endowments, foundations, family offices, institutional asset managers, pension funds or sovereign wealth Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.