Consultant, Property Accounting (Real Estate & Infrastructure)
PROPERTY FUND ACCOUNTING - CONSULTANT LOCATION: LIMERICK ROLE
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Consultant in the Real Estate and Infrastructure (REIF) Team. Our team provides Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting and Relationship Management services to our clients. The team is regarded as the leading provider of Fund Administration services to the Irish Real Estate market. This role will provide an opportunity for you to develop both knowledge and experience of a dynamic and varied client environment and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a number of niche asset managers. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES Financial Reporting
- Preparation of interim and annual financial statements for Property Funds including the completion of consolidated financial statements for complex cross-border structures.
- Active liaison with clients and external auditors, dealing with audit queries.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Oversee the preparation of regulatory returns, including compliance reports, Central Bank and CSO returns.
- Develop an understanding of Fund Accounting requirements for Property Funds.
- Collection of relevant information to facilitate production of NAVs.
- Issue NAVs accurately and within defined timeframes.
- Organise payment of operating expenses.
- Liaise with new clients to determine fund structure and level of detail required to support striking of NAV.
Purchase and Sale of Property Investments
- Responsible to provide unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department's performance to clients (internal and external).
- Effective communication with clients, investors and associated parties on fund activities.
- Ensure that operating arrangements are clearly established on inception of a fund.
- Ensure that documentation, legal and compliance issues are complete.
- To understand the purpose of and gain the critical background knowledge of Funds assigned to the team.
- To keep abreast of current activities in the REIF's market as well as industry and regulatory developments.
- Dealing with client queries.
- Liaising with other internal departments such as Trustee, Legal, Transfer Agency and Company Secretarial.
- Contribute to the marketing and sales process to prospective clients via sales presentations, RFP responses etc.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Understand the structure of property transactions.
- Understand the process and approvals required.
- Co-ordination of approval process.
- Collation of documentation / record maintenance.
About Northern Trust:
- Hold a recognised Professional Accounting Qualification.
- Detailed knowledge of Irish/UK GAPP and IFRS.
- Working knowledge of the Irish regulatory /tax regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- A strong appreciation of accounting principles and standards.
- Knowledge of or willingness to quickly gain knowledge of Property Fund Administration.
- High level of communication skills, previous relationship management experience would be beneficial.
- Demonstrate leadership and team-building qualities and ability to motivate a team.
- Ability to assist with the management of the team.
- Demonstrates understanding of the need for high-touch client service.
- Ability to participate in systems development projects.
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
• Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
• We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!