Consultant, EMEA Product Controller, HFS
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role
HFS has experienced a rapid amount of growth in the last few years with new clients coming on board, and the HFS team has evolved quickly in Limerick in the past 5 years.The Controller Team provides an oversight function to the department including reconciliation review and management reporting. From a career development perspective, the individual will learn to work effectively in a fast-paced environment that provides services to sophisticated clients.The individual will get exposure to many different product types across all sectors. The individual will also learn the complete cycle from start to finish when a client executes a trade.This will enable the individual to understand the full picture of hedge fund administration and also be able to effectively engage the appropriate shared service team within NTHFS. Responsibilities
The successful candidate will join a team responsible for oversight of the EMEA reconciliation process. The EMEA controller team is responsible for multiple aspects of the cash & reconciliation process for HFS EMEA clients. Our three-person team works very closely with all other teams within HFS both onshore & offshore as well as direct client interaction. The role also includes strategic initiatives around optimizing the HFS reconciliation process, incorporating break thresholds, quicker reconciliation turnaround times, and re-rec process.
• Act as liaison on street-side reconciliation items between clients/investment managers, NTHFS's internal teams, NT Custody and other 3rd party contacts, always ensuring accurate and timely communication
• Ensure open break items are resolved or identified and communicated to HFS Client Services prior to closing the books at month end
• Provide oversight of operational teams, including running various analytics and facilitating meetings, to ensure risk is appropriately assessed and conveyed to Senior Management
• Act as a liaison between offshore reconciliation production teams and onshore middle and back office operational teams
• Identify process and operational enhancement opportunities and work collaboratively to provide solutions to drive continuous improvement in quality of service deliverables and internal efficiency
• Partner with internal teams to develop and enhance operational controls Skills/Experience
• A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
• Previous experience in any client facing role
• Functional / Industry Knowledge is a nice to have
• Highly flexible and adaptable to change, growth mind-set
• General middle office operational knowledge a nice to have
• Strong risk and control mentality Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.