Accountant, Private Equity
ACCOUNTANT, PRIVATE EQUITY LOCATION: LIMERICK
THE PRIVATE EQUITY DEPARTMENT
The Private Equity department has been based in Limerick since 2007. As a member of the Private Equity Department, reporting to a Team Leader within the team, the successful candidate will assist in all aspects of the administration of Private Equity Funds including fund accounting, transfer agency and financial reporting. The Private Equity team consists of a team of 31 dynamic partners and continues to grow. Our clients include some of the most highly successful Private Equity houses globally. We use best-in-breed systems and cutting edge technology to deliver excellent service to our clients. Recently Northern Trust was named Global Private Equity Fund Administrator of the Year by the Global Investor Group. ROLE
This position has arisen in our Limerick office due to growth and expansion of the Private Equity Department. The successful candidate will have responsibility for ensuring that the allocated clients are provided with a high end, timely and effective service. This service will be completed in accordance with the client's needs and the policies and procedures of the Company. The objective of the role is to pick up an existing client list and become proficient in providing an end to end fund administration function to the existing high standards synonymous with department. Why choose a career Private Equity in Northern Trust?
- Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Ireland; our Private Equity team has grown to over 30 partners in our Limerick office
- Our Private Equity team delivers full end to end service to our Private Equity clients including fund accounting, financial reporting and financial reporting giving our staff wide exposure and experience. No one day is the same in Private Equity.
- To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering family-friendly programs and alternative/flexible work situations
- Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Preparation of the valuations and/or consolidated calculations for Private Equity Companies/Funds
- Preparation of the financial statements for Private Equity Companies/Funds
- Bookkeeping / Cash Management
- Conduct all required bookkeeping tasks
- Prepare accounts reporting pack
- Ensure all relevant filings on behalf of the Company/Fund are completed accurately and on time
- Prepare management accounts
- Daily client management, review and maintain calls/distributions/shareholders information
- Progress to completion the audit process for Private Equity Companies/Funds
- Preparation & collation of reports for board packs
- Fulfil additional, relevant tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements
About Northern Trust:
- The ideal candidate will be a part-qualified accountant/finalist and will have previous experience in a busy accounting environment.
- They will have a track record in demonstrating knowledge of debits and credits, will have Financial Statements production.
- They will be a team player, customer-centric, have excellent attention to detail, positive attitude, enthusiasm, natural ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and have good communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office - Excel and Word
- A track record of excellent attention to detail
- A track record in optimising system use and automating processes where possible
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
• Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
• We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!