IFDS Transfer Agency, Client & Investor Services, Vice President
Who we are looking for
The role will be responsible for driving and leading the activities of the IFDS Transfer Agency Investor and Distributor Services team - with a primary focus on enhancing the client & investor service experience, client relationship management, setting department strategy, change management, resource planning & development and risk reduction.
At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Funds Industry and take a lead role in the management and strategic development of the department. In addition, you will be expected to work with the Joint Venture partners and other Joint Venture companies to promote and secure the ongoing growth and development of IFDS Ireland. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
- Responsible for the setting and achievement of TA Department and IFDS Europe performance targets and objectives
- As a member of the senior management team lead, direct and manage the department and contribute to the leadership of IFDS Europe as required
- Exercise operational oversight within the department and make sound operational decisions
- Develop the organisation in terms of financial planning, business strategy, service offerings and HR policies
- CLIENT RELATIONSHIP
- Ownership, management and development of strong client relationships
- Manage complex or unusual operational and managerial problems that are referred from above and below
- Foster an environment where excellent client service delivery is the standard
- Foster an environment where procedures, policies and processes are adhered to and procedural changes are introduced to enhance the on-going performance of the department
- Continually develop expertise in all area of the industry
- Responsible for the ownership and management of vendor, audit and regulatory body relationships, as required
- Maintain an expert knowledge of industry and policy updates and speaking confidently to clients on same.
- RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Identify and secure resources required by the department and ensure effective utilisation
- Ensure that Transfer Agency is properly resourced both in terms of people and technology whilst complying with agreed budgetary guidelines
- Actively support the overall organization and Transfer Agency Training Plan
- Work with fellow VPs to support the Head of Department and deputise in their absence as required
- Utilise management information to assist in managing both clients and resources
- Focus on development opportunities for your direct reports and ensure a focus on non-operational management within the department
- Using corporate people performance management tools, actively participate in the performance appraisal process and monitor overall timeliness of completion for the entire team with your direct reports
- RISK & REGULATORY
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organization
- Promote risk awareness, assessment and control within the department
- Drive the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements
- Understand the risk environment within the department and manage appropriately, working in partnership with the Risk, Compliance and Audit representatives from the Joint Venture entities.
- Provide regular feedback to managers and more senior colleagues with regard to Transfer Agency operations
- Lead and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required
- Lead and contribute to your chosen Focus Group
- What we value
- Excellent administrative organisational and business support skills with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Comprehensive procedural technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required.
- Typically candidate will have previous experience in a similar environment including experience in a management capacity.
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. This should be complemented with a strong understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and Regulatory background to Funds Industry.
This is a Control Function (CF) position and therefore any offer made is subject to completion of the appropriate Central Bank of Ireland checks and the subsequent approval of same. About State Street What we do.
- Core Competencies
- Accurate and Precise
- Team Oriented
- Excellent communications skills
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers