EMEA NAS Storage Operations, AVP, Kilkenny
The EMEA GTO Team are looking to recruit an experienced NAS Storage Operations team member to work within their EMEA GTS organisation.
As a NAS Storage Operations lead within the EMEA GTO Team, you will be experienced and able to cover all Storage areas of Delivery and Operations, including service management, incident, problem and change management, continual service improvement and client satisfaction, as well as playing a key role in ensuring the highest level of operational service delivery.
With the primary focus of the role being NAS, experience in NetApp enterprise class hardware and CDOT operating systems functionality such as Dynamic Home Drives, Snap Mirror, SVM-DR, Snap Lock, Snap Vault, OCUM, OCI and a working appreciation of enterprise level networking technologies will be a key advantage, experience in SAN & block level storage platforms would also be of benefit
The preferred candidate will demonstrate Financial Services Infrastructure domain knowledge, outstanding relationship and vendor management, communication, listening and collaboration skills and will work effectively various stakeholders and counterparts across the globe. Primary Responsibilities:
- Subject Matter expert in Storage technologies, primarily focused on NetApp but also covering (& not limited to) the following technical areas:-
- Hitachi Storage Solutions
- EMC Storage Solutions
- Netapp Storage Solutions
- Brocade Storage Networking
- Storage Virtualisation technologies
- Storage protocols (FC, iSCSI, CIFS, NFS, S3)
- To build and maintain strong operational relationships with our Storage vendors and 3rd Party suppliers through key governance forums.
- Ongoing analysis and monitoring of Storage availability and performance levels required within documented SLAs.
- Identification of areas within the Storage Estate where action is needed in order to ensure sufficiently high availability.
- Based on availability analysis or forecasted requirements, suggest measures aimed at increasing availability.
- Identification of upgrades or changes to ensure continued resilience & availability.
- Regular reporting on availability & capacity status and actions in progress to correct any potential deficiencies.
- Estimate the future demand for Storage capacity based on performance, capacity & utilization measurements plus potential demand from client relationship teams.
- Maintain a proactive approach to operational and service issues, with a focus on prevention rather than fix to ensure SLA's and service excellence are managed and maintained.
- Controls and risk monitor the 3rd party for adherence to the company's Audit controls.
- Estimate and manage service delivery and operations team work load and capacity.
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven ability to effectively manage time and balance priorities across simultaneous assignments
- Very strong relationship management, negotiation, and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 8+ years of experience in managing Enterprise Storage platforms operating in a global environment
- Strong/Expert- level in Microsoft Visio and PowerPoint.
- Strong Proficiency with other MS Office tools
- Experience with the creation of executive-level communications/presentations.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, with diverse audiences