Depositary Services Specialist (12 Months Fixed Term), Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
An opportunity exists for an ambitious person to work in a dynamic and flexible environment to assist in the formulation and implementation of Depositary policy and procedures. Reporting to Officer, this position is an opportunity for a suitable candidate to gain exposure to all areas of Depositary Oversight experience in a rapidly growing department and changing regulatory environment Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Depositary Services Specialist (12 Months Fixed Term), Senior Associate you will Job Duties and Responsibilities
What we value: Core Competencies
- Liaising with Client on-boarding team on implementing funds within MIG21.
- To ensure timely and proper completion of tasks of team members.
- Review and comment on draft prospectuses and financial statements
- Collaborating towards migration from MIG21 to CR-IMS
- Review of portfolio of funds to ensure compliance with Regulatory investment restriction and borrowing power limits on a daily and monthly basis.
- Ensuring breaches are rectified in a timely manner on the Regulatory register once resolved.
- Responding to client queries in accordance with Department standards.
- Testing of compliance monitoring systems and reporting thereon.
- Assist with review of the operational departments in order to ensure funds are being administered in accordance with fund documentation/Regulations
- Reviewing composition of NAV calculations/Fund administration and testing of key controls
- Escalating issues to senior management
Education & Preferred Qualifications Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Accurate and Precise
- Team Oriented
- Excellent communications skills
About State Street What we do.
- Knowledge of the Funds Industry and the applicable regulations is essential
- Investment Restriction monitoring experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers