Who we are looking for
An opportunity exists for an ambitious person to work in a dynamic and flexible environment to assist in the formulation and implementation of depositary oversight policy and procedures. Reporting to the Officer in Depositary Oversight, this position is an opportunity for a suitable candidate to gain exposure to all areas of Depositary Oversight experience in a rapidly growing department and changing regulatory environment.
This role is for a fixed term, assisting in the enhancement of the Outsourcing Oversight process; the function is responsible for ensuring the ongoing oversight of appointed delegates. Why this role is important to us
You will be joining the Institutional Services function that allows us to deliver a comprehensive, holistic approach to each client relationship - for asset managers and asset owners, insurance companies, and official institutions globally. It means our client-facing functions work together to bring the very best solutions and services the firm has to offer - across all of our locations, products, and capabilities.
Join us if making your mark on the long-lasting client relationships we build is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Depositary Oversight Senior Associate you will
What we value
- Ensuring timely and proper completion of tasks.
- Assisting with the On-going development and maintenance of the controls, policies and procedures.
- Assisting with the establishment of robust governance, to support the delegate oversight process, including KPI's, SLA's, regular Service Review Meetings, and an effective due diligence process.
- Assisting in the co-ordination and completion of due diligence to be completed annually.
- Assisting with the maintenance of the Outsourcing Inventory Register.
- Working with the Third Party Risk Management Team (TPRM) to log engagements for each arrangement, and to complete the ongoing risk assessments and due diligence of outsourcing delegates.
- Resolving workflow problems or issues.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines.
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Fund accounting or previous Depositary/Trustee experience preferential.
- Knowledge of the Funds Industry is essential.
- Experience in Oversight or an Audit role a distinct advantage.
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.