Depositary/ Fiduciary Services Specialist, Associate
Who we are Looking for
Familiarity with financial securities markets, language and products are mandatory. Knowledge of UCITS V and AIFMD regulatory requirements an advantage.
They will be a point of contact within the business for the department's activity. A major focus will be on depositary operating model considerations, department strategy, and adoption of new business. The candidate will be expected to ensure that the team executes client and internal deliverables to the highest quality and that SLA provisions and relevant KPIs are met, along with compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of State Street.
Reporting to a Manager within Depositary Operations in Kilkenny, this permanent position offers an opportunity for the successful candidate to have a significant role in the Depositary department. This role will be based in our Kilkenny office. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Depositary/ Fiduciary Services Specialist, Associate 2 you will Job Duties and Responsibilities:
What We Value Core Competencies
- Ensure that the operational activities of the teams are completed on a daily basis in line with the controls that have been documented for the relevant function. Ensure work completed in delegate locations is effectively completed and overseen in line with agreed requirements.
- Review workflow and resource allocation to ensure team activities are executed in the most efficient manner. Provide regular feedback to your direct Manager with regard to significant operational / staff issues and ongoing daily operational activities.
- Consistently review the operational activities of the group, identify and implement operational best practices that result in improved delivery of depositary cash monitoring, oversight and safekeeping processes, ensuring issues are escalated as they arise.
- Ensure that team goals are met in respect of mandatory training, ensure that mid year and annual reviews of staff are completed in line with corporate policies and deadlines.
- Provide subject matter expertise for the Depositary operations model and participate in new business on-boarding and Client due diligence meetings as necessary.
- Assist the Manager with compliance/fiduciary reviews, controls and audits as needed.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with delegated and internal service teams to ensure that services provided are in line with client expectations and legal and regulatory commitments. Promote open communication between Ireland teams, COEs and Shared Services to meet client and regulatory requirements.
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence and role model Ethical behavior and decision making as part of our Way Ahead foundation. Become a leader of change and adopt a no surprises mindset.
- Foster an environment that supports effective team work across teams locally, regionally and globally, promote team working within the group.
Education & Preferred Qualifications Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Act Globally - Understand different perspectives and cultures to align management practices to fulfil business strategy.
- Influence & Negotiate Courageously - Inspire and motivate others to drive and sustain State Street's success even in the face of resistance or challenge.
- Fuel Innovation - Capitalize on new ideas to reinvent ourselves and the business.
- Leverage Talent - Actively commit to developing yourself and others to drive the competitive advantage achieved through a diverse, engaged and mobile workforce.
- Client Focus & Consultation - Provide excellent service and build strategic client partnerships based on knowledge of their needs and by exceeding mutual expectations.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - Develop solutions and provide counsel to ensure effective decisions are reached by employing timely, rigorous and logical.
About State Street What we do.
- Expectation of 2+ years (or equivalent) experience in the funds services industry
- Excellent organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure and under tight deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Possess excellent organizational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Knowledge of, and experience in engagement with, COE delegates used by SSCSIL depositary.
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Extensive product/regulatory and industry knowledge and significant client interactivity.
- Knowledge, and practical implementation, of the risk framework employed at State Street.
- Analytical thinker with an ability to think and act independently.
- Ability to manage change and to see change as a challenge- ability to develop new approaches to solving problems
- Highly-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Team player.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers