Custody Specialist-Associate 2-Kilkenny
Who we are looking for
The Client Service Units (CSU) group is the visible face to our client base, and their agents, regarding all Custody Operations. In addition the CSU have responsibility for agreed MIS production and analysis, risk monitoring and coding.The Fund of Fund (FOF) Team is responsible for Trade placement on behalf of our client base and processing subsequent contract notes to accounting and custody records and settlement of cash regarding all Fund of Fund Trading. In addition the FOF team must place deals within dealing deadlines across multiple Transfer Agencies.
An opportunity exists for personnel at Associate 2 to work within this team, gaining extensive client service exposure at a practical level. Exemplary interpersonal skills alongside a demonstrated client service focus are pre-requisites for all members of this team. A detailed knowledge of MCH and other internal systems, instrument knowledge, strong team-working skills and solid PC skills are also required in these positions. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for As Custody Specialist-Associate 2 role you will Principal Tasks
- Day to day liaison with our clients and their agents in respect all Custody Operations functionality; Formulation and monitoring of SLAs; Assisting the GTP group and other custody CoEs with the resolution of complex issues as the need arises; Production and analysis of MIS; Risk monitoring and coding.
What we Value Core Competencies Professional Agility
- Build expertise in functional and technical knowledge across multiple disciplines attending training as required
- Complete accurate processing of system information to meet internal standards (SOPS, Job Aids etc.)
- Collaborate with others to drive success of team Raise ideas to manager to support operational improvements
- Respond in a timely manner to queries such as clients/internal departments
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
Quality & Risk Management
- Be adaptable, responsive to change and intellectually curious, while rigorous in pursuit of client solutions
Exception Processing & Resolution
- Drive high quality outputs and ensure that organizational risks are managed through embedding effective controls
- Engage in exception resolution process, pro-actively resolve enquiries and exceptions on a case-by case basis by working with functional teams and State Street colleagues
Data & Analysis
- Build and manage the flow of information and data to ensure an accurate output with limited issues and exceptions
Education & Preferred Qualifications Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Develop and maintain scorecards and metrics. Collect, analyses, package and communicate data at various levels for use by stakeholders
About State Street What we do.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organizational, planning and co-ordination skills
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers