- Galway, Connaught, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 22 Oct 18
We are looking for a Support Developer for a 6 month contract, this can be based on site or work remotely. Location is Galway Ireland
Our software team is looking a smart, creative, energetic developer who loves to create business solutions as part of a team of like-minded professionals. Our environment is nimble and fast paced, and your duties will vary. You will have the opportunity to expand and improve your skill set in many advanced areas of knowledge. We create exciting applications across multiple platforms supporting a high performance real-time transaction system.
You will be working on transitioning day to day processes and procedures from our developer teams into standardised procedures. These can then managed by a support team and increase the effectiveness of the teams
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world's leading Tax Free Shopping ('TFS'), Dynamic Currency Conversion ('DCC'), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Ideally, you'll have a few years of full-stack development - front end, middleware, back end, embedded and database.
- You will be experienced in working on a team of experienced developers who create applications and solutions for both our external and internal customers.
- Work with the internal teams in delivering the solution to the market
- Ensure quality deliverable as well as reducing technical debt with the product
- Mentor existing developers on-site and at other locations
- Engaged in the code review process and overall quality processes in Fintrax
- Good knowledge of Micro-services, domain driven design, event sourcing and CQRS
- Proven experience as a hands-on Azure developer
- Knowledge of REST web services development and consumption
- Ability to use/implement several different security mechanisms.
- 2 years+ of experience in a similar position
- Excellent working knowledge of web services and API interactions
- Knowledgeable in .Net Frameworks 2.0 and 4.5/4.6, Entity framework,WCF experience
- Good SQL knowledge with experience of writing T-SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- Understanding of SSRS and reporting mechanisms
- Good knowledge of Azure services and architectures
- Strong understanding of Object Orientated Analysis and Design Principals
- Good understanding of HTML and CSS and possible Angular
- Experience with Source Control Tools, Automated build, TFS, Git, Jira
- Ability to create strong, robust Unit tests.
- Writing technical documentation.
- Agile development experience
- Security awareness and detailed knowledge of OWASP, CORS, OAuth
- A motivated self-starter who follows best practices
- Great attention to detail
- Innovative problem solving skills
- Ability to pick up and learn new skills and technologies quickly
- Eagerness to explore and apply new technologies
- Actively participate in design reviews and discussions.
- Must be able to efficiently work and communicate in English verbally and in writing
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a fast growing international company
- Great analytical and coding skills
- A track record of getting stuff done
- Smart, creative & energetic
- Our development environment has a laid-back feeling, with a relaxed dress code