The main duties involved in this role are as follows:
* Understand the requirements of the team's manager in new development projects and plan the development - how the data will flow, calculations to be made and reporting required.
Document the plan so the manager can approve it and send it to interested parties.
* Set up the development tasks allocated by the manager
* Unit test each development as it is set up to ensure that the development works.
* Comment on each development step so that it can followed by the manager and other third interested parties e.g. auditors or regulators.
* Demonstrate developed project to the manager of the team and explain to him how the development is organised and what the individual steps are doing.
* Deal with any defects in the development arising from the testing process.
* Deploy completed projects to production.
* Assist the manager in training reconciliation analysts in the development.
* Train the manager of the team to maintain the system for changes or problems encountered during the normal reconciliation process.
The role reports to the Payments Monitoring manager.
The role needs to be able to deal with:
* Creating SSIS packages for the configuration of data and import to the reconciliation databases,
* Writing SQL queries to manipulate the data as required,
* The use of SQL management studio to deploy projects,
* Automating procedures on SQL job scheduling,
* Microsoft Excel to pull down data from the reconciliation database to create the team's final reports that are sent to various customers within the group.
Person should be diligent, determined, competent and hard working.
Projects cover complicated issues and the successful candidate should be able to think through this.