- Galway, Connaught, Ireland
- Temporary, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 14 Mar 19
JOB PURPOSE The primary function of this position is to deliver a professional comprehensive support service in our Payments Department and in particular in providing Merchant Service support as Payments Officer. This role will support our Payments Department in the day-to-day operations of the Department ensuring both quality and controls are maintained to the highest levels.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Assist in all elements of Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC), using in-house technology and payment systems to efficiently deliver payments to Customers and process cardholder transactions to the card schemes.
- Assist in the daily chargeback processes
- Reconcile daily, monthly and on an ad-hoc basis merchant and Card Scheme information, ensuring the accuracy of our outputs to all customers, internal and external.
- Provide excellent customer service, by responding quickly to Merchant and Card Scheme queries with accurate information, in line with established SLA’s.
- Take ownership of the resolution of issues/queries by interacting and communicating with other colleagues/ departments.
- Process and reconcile daily Acquirer Reports, as well as other reporting requirements, ensuring that the information is accurate.
- Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible in discharging other ad hoc duties and meeting the requirements of the Payments Team when required.
- Process payments for our clients and liaise with other business units to meet our Customers’ expectations.
- Assess processes and systems, and oversee implementation of ways to improve controls/efficiencies.
- Provide cover for other staff for planned and unplanned absences.
- Providing general administrative support.
- Any other such duties that may be required of you.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Third level qualification or experience within the financial services sector is advantageous, but not essential.
- Previous administration experience.
- Computer Literate – comfortable working with excel.
- Work well within a team as well as on their own initiative
- Strong numeric skills
- Strong Organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise work in order to meet deadlines
- Must be able to communicate well and support key stakeholders and departments
- Ability to be flexible within a fast growing global company
- Quality focused with attention to detail
- Proven time management and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Must display initiative and a common sense approach.