- Galway, Connaught, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 26 Nov 18
This is a processing role within our Payments function, based in Tully. Your own car is essential.
The primary function of this position is to deliver a professional comprehensive support service in our Payments Department and to Fintrax Group companies as Payments Officer. This role will support our Payments Department in the day-to-day operations for the Department ensuring both quality and controls are maintained to the highest levels
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world's leading Tax Free Shopping ('TFS'), Dynamic Currency Conversion ('DCC'), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Assist in all elements of refunding, across a number of IT platforms to deliver refunds to Customers in a timely manner.
- Provide excellent customer service, by responding quickly to customer queries with accurate information, in line with established SLA's.
- Take ownership of the resolution of issues/queries by interacting and communicating with other colleagues/ departments.
- Process and reconcile daily Acquirer Reports, as well as other reporting requirements, ensuring that the information is accurate.
- Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible in discharging other ad hoc duties and meeting the requirements of the Payments Team when required.
- Process payments for our external client business and liaise with other business units to meet our Customers' expectations.
- Assist in the operation of the cheque processing system and other associated activity, adhering to current established and accepted SLAs for cheque refunding delivery.
- Play a positive role in the design, development & delivery of enhancements to existing systems.
- Assess processes and systems, and oversee implementation of ways to improve controls/efficiencies.
- Provide cover to other staff for planned and unplanned absences.
- Providing general administrative support.
- Any other such duties that may be required of you.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Third level qualification or experience within the financial services sector is advantageous, but not essential.
- Previous administration experience.
- Computer Literate - comfortable working with excel.
- Work well within a team as well as on their own initiative
- Strong numeric skills
- Strong Organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise work in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible within a fast growing global company
- Quality focused with attention to detail
- Proven time management and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Must display initiative and a common sense approach.