- Galway, Connaught, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 15 Feb 19
The .Net developer role is a key role in supporting IT Payment Solutions and leading project development activities. As a.NET software developer you will work on the analysis, design, development and testing of Planet Payment solutions, according to project business needs and requirements. This role includes working closely with the Payments development team and scrum master in delivering project development tasks.
KEY RESULT AREA (KRA’S)
- Analysis, design, development and testing of the Planet Payment solutions & projects. Prioritise and delivery of all tasks assigned to agreed timelines
- Work closely with the Payment development team on related activity for planning, scheduling and software release. Implementation of multiple project components from a technical perspective.
- Being able to estimate, prioritise and manage multiple tasks, making effective use of time to work on scheduled tasks.
- Demonstrate a strong understand of a technical environment. Identifying, designing and delivering solutions within system scope.
- Conduct unit and integration testing ensuring that code releases are of high qualilty with adequate error checking and testing.
- Take ownership and proactively follow up on defect root causes. Working closely with the QA team in responding to raised defects and queries, providing timely updates when required.
- Follow of Planet best practices and adhere to coding standards at all times.
Education & Experience
- Must have 3+ years’ experience working in an IT development environment
- Must have 3+ years’ experience designing and implementing complex high-availability systems
- Must have 3+ years’ experience in .NET, C#, SQL Server, ASP.NET, Angular JS
- Knowledge of, and experience using proven software patterns (eg. MVC, MVVM)
- Must have experience developing unit tests
- Must have proven experience creating solid designs using OO techniques and documenting the same
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in IT studies is required.
- Agile development experience and use of JIRA platform for task & sprint management
- Automated Build/Deployment experience
- Moq or similar mocking framework
- Unity or similar Dependency Injection framework
Skills & Key Competencies
- Must be a quick learner and experienced developer who can “hit the ground running”.
- Understand existing system architecture with minimal guidance.
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a challenging, fast paced environment.
- Must be able to operate in a dynamic environment with defined deadlines.
- Must be able to efficiently work and communicate in English verbally and in writing.
- Must be a good verbal communicator both face to face and over the telephone.
- Must have passion for delivering state of the art applications.
- Must have proven development problem solving skills.
- Must be able to participate in formal & informal discussions and translate into systems enhancement opportunities.