VP - Quality Assurance Manager
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
VP - Quality Assurance Manager
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Location: Dublin, Central Park
Line of Business: GT&O - Operations Risk Management Services
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Can you act with integrity and take care of a growing, dynamic team within our Dublin office? We have an exciting opportunity available as a Senior Business Control Specialist to join our ORQA team.
The Operations Risk and Quality Assurance (ORQA) team is responsible for demonstrating, monitoring and handling the effectiveness and adequacy of the risk and control environment supporting Client Operational Services (COS). Our team plays a pivotal and key role in the implementation of the firm's Risk Frame work across the organisation working closely with the business and other support partners.
Your role will focus on building and implementing the QA testing strategy, framework and capability for COS. The key object is to ensure robust, consistent and balanced assessment of controls are executed in line with the enterprise Quality Assurance Program Standard.
You will execute on horizontal oversight controls for operational processes to drive adherence to regulations, laws, policies, and standards. You will also ensure effective quality assurance practices are in place through the development and implementation of standards, controls, and metrics.
You will also responsible for providing the oversight to India QA testing team for implementation and execution of post process QA tests to ensure consistency and completeness.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Engage in post process QA testing intake process, lead and/or participate in the walkthrough of designed test scripts evaluate business requirements and ensure that all testing activities and deliverables are conducted/produced in compliance with company standards
- Work closely and communicate effectively with business teams, risk and compliance partners and offshore teams
- Ensure timely preparation and completion of testing across all the phases
- Defect/Fail management
- Provide subject matter authority support and effectively guide other testers globally (including India testing team)
- Perform daily monitoring on execution status and involved testers performance
- Improve testing effectiveness by automation to build and maintain a premier QA function; sharing standard methodology and lessons learned
- Providing assurance over the quality of testers work via scorecards, thematic reviews
- Assist in the review and improvement of QA program, methodology and practices
- Engage in presenting results for review and discussion with senior leaders & external partners
- Provide mentorship to EMEA AML Onboarding Inline QA team (based in Bromley) as and when required when any urgent issue arises during EMEA time zone when team lead in APAC is not available
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Solid risk management mind-set
- Leadership skills to lead the testing team in India and other team members globally
- Knowledge of Global Market products or support functions (Operations) is helpful
- Sound interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships and handle partners at all levels
- Fast learner, dedicated in nature and has excellent attention to detail
- Independent and motivated, ability to deal with wide scope of demands in a high-energy environment
- A standout colleague who can work within a dynamic, diverse and global team environment
- Excellent command of MS Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to juggle multiple contending priorities
- A keen problem solver with top analytical skills
- Experience in risk management or quality control or audit within a financial institution is helpful
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.