Across the globe, institutional investors rely on State Street to help them manage risk, respond to challenges through solutions, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged professionals are essential to our success.
Our commitment to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. Purpose of Role:
Reporting to VP in Trustee, this position is an opportunity for a suitable candidate to gain exposure to all areas of Depositary and fund administration and management experience, to assist in the formulation and implementation of depositary policy and procedures in a rapidly growing department and changing regulatory environment.
Previous experience in structured products including derivatives would be a distinct advantage in addition to strong technical IT skills. Major Responsibilities:
Level of Education/ Skills and Experience
- Supervision of other team member or team members in their review of sophisticated derivative-based funds to ensure compliance with investment restrictions.
- To ensure timely and proper completion of tasks of team members.
- Review and comment on draft prospectuses and financial statements
- Appraising performance of team members.
- Devising work programmes and schedules
- Dealing with new client and new fund onboarding within the depositary department
- Discussing regulatory requirements with clients
- Reviewing fund documentation and regulation
- Assessing the operating model and completing a risk assessment of new business
- Agreeing and documenting information flows between depositary and client for ongoing BAU activity
- Drawing up fee agreements for depositary services
- Liaising with Deal Team on new business
- Managing set up of new funds on compliance monitoring tool
- Negotiating Operating Memoranda
- Completing DDQ and risk assessments of existing business on an annual basis
- Meeting new clients in person
- Meeting existing clients for due diligence sessions
- Selecting potential team members.
- Attending board meetings
- Creating Trustee/Compliance policies and procedures
- Resolving any employee relations issues
- Resolving workflow problems or issues
- Sound understanding of the regulatory framework for Funds (UCITS/Non-UCITS)
- Relevant industry experience (not necessarily within a Trustee/Custodian role)
- Ability to allocate workloads appropriately to ensure client and regulatory requirements are met within agreed deadlines
- Ability to motivate and encourage staff to work at optimum levels
- Ability to recognise and target areas for increased efficiencies
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Organised and methodical
- Team player
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.