Transfer Agency Assistant Manager
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 19
Transfer Agency Assistant Manager
- Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Transaction Processing
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19011665
Citi has had a presence in Ireland since 1965 and was one of the first foreign banks to open an office here. As the No.1 Corporate and Investment bank in Ireland, Citi led all of the major financing for aviation leasing clients in 2016 in Ireland, which is a global aviation leasing hub. Citibank Europe has been Head Quartered in Dublin since January 2016 and is Citi's single EU-pass ported bank, with operations in 21 countries across the EMEA region and is regulated by the European Central Bank with a long-term rating "A" by all three primary Rating Agencies. The businesses covered by Citibank Europe include Markets and Securities Services, Corporate Banking, Trade and Treasury Solutions, Private Banking and Consumer. As of 2016, Citibank Europe has a net income of US$852 million, over 9,000 employees and more than 60% of these working in the Citi Service Centres.
The transfer agency team looks after shareholder services. The department manages shareholder account opening and maintenance, trade indexing, trade processing, payment and reconciliation oversight, good order review on shareholder instructions, reconciliations, commissions and trailer fees etc.
The successful candidate will manage one of the Transfer Agency teams, 5-10 people including permanent and contract staff.
The transfer agency AVP manages works on a team of approximately 5-10 people under the guidance of the senior manager/VP. The Transfer Agency department is split into 6 functionalized teams. The AVP will be responsible for one of these teams that include Mutual and Money Market funds. Some of these functions are completed by the Citi Transfer Agency in Dublin with further functions performed in other Citi locations globally or with external vendors. The candidate will be responsible for managing the team in Dublin across and also for the control and oversight of external vendors and global Citi locations. The TA functions include on-boarding, trade placement, cash settlement, cash and share reporting, foreign exchange dealing, reconciliation of the TA shareholder accounts, shareholder contract notes and statements, dividend scheduling and trading and settlement via clearing platforms.
The candidate is required to have strong knowledge and extensive practical experience of the following core TA processes:
- On boarding
- Cash Settlement
- Reporting Shareholder trade activity to the Fund Accountant and Custodian
- Bank Account Reconciliation
- Dividend Processing
- Trade Processing
- European Clearing Houses and Trading Platforms e.g. Fundsettle, Euroclear, Vestima, EMX, AllFunds, NSCC
- Shareholder Contract Notes and Statements
- Foreign Exchange Dealing
The candidate should also have experience in the following responsibilities of the Transfer Agent:
- Review of fund prospectuses, operating memorandums and key fund documentation
- Fund launches
- Client conversions
- Vendor management
- Outsourced functions oversight and control
- Awareness of regulatory and industry change and how it impacts the business
- Procedures - creation and maintenance
The candidate should have strong knowledge of the full trade cycle including other functions performed within TA, as well as the responsibilities of the Administrator and Custodian.
The working hours are 9.00 am - 17.30 pm with bank holiday cover required
- Daily tasks specific to one of the 6 Transfer Agency teams within the department
- Oversight of India team processes
- Working with other teams and departments
- Client and shareholder queries
- Ad hoc projects and initiatives
- Team management, running meetings, 121s, appraisals etc.
- Client calls and meetings, preparing materials and meeting clients
- Other initiatives across TA and working with other departments as required
Experience and Skills
University Degree and extensive years relevant experience
What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- Competitive paid annual leave
- A non-contributory pension scheme with strong employer contributions
- Life assurance cover
- Citi fully covers medical insurance for all employees with generous day to day benefits as well as hospital cover
- Citi also supports a further education policy
- Wellness program - on site Occupational Health Centre plus a series of informative talks on topical health related subjects
- Tax Saver and Bike to Work Schemes
- Opportunity to work in a flexible environment where the business can support
At Citi, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including an on-site restaurant, coffee dock and shop, a subsidized gym and subsidized social clubs and societies.
Citi boasts a large diversity framework and network which encourages inclusion in the workforce as well as participation in a wide variety of initiatives and events. We also pride ourselves on our engagement with the local community from a Corporate Social Responsibility perspective.
Citi offers employees a competitive benefits package as well as extra additional perks such as corporate discounts and memberships.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer