Trading Operations Specialist | Treasury BO/Brexit Projects - Contract
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo
- 05 Oct 18
Market Job Description Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Ireland, Beijing, Canada, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Centre
Main function of the job:
Be part of the Treasury support group, assisting both the Treasury Back office & Brexit project team.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
Ensure all transactions are administered accordingly:
- Effect all necessary payments, paying particular attention to individual currency cut off times and ensuring that the respective entries are updated in the system of record accordingly
- Input all journals pertaining to transaction, ensure they are in balance and match the anticipated cash flow.
- Ongoing monitoring of online Nostro Portals to ensure all payments have been released without issue & Ensure all relevant Cash Flows are communicated to the Treasury team in a timely manner, paying particular attention to internal funding deadlines.
- Review daily Custodian reporting , Instruct/ release trade instructions as required
- Daily review of Bank Reconciliation Statements to ensure that all related cash breaks are kept to a minimum, aged item are documented accordingly in keeping with corporate policy and no policy violations occur.
- Maintain the shared mailbox, ensuring all queries are dealt with in a time sensitive manner.
- Review of documentation governing transactions with a view to ensuring that the system of record can support all facets of the transaction from an operational perspective.
- Participate in team related projects, proactively seeking to lighten the workload of the project lead.
- Demonstrate ability to manage diverse work streams, ensuring priorities are managed in line with management’s expectations
Market Skills and Certifications
- SWIFT Payment processing experience (up to verification level) is essential.
- Experience in an operations role is essential
- Experience in Security settlements (Euroclear/Fed/Crest) also required
- Reconciliations/Investigations experience
- Knowledge of accounting and journaling would be advantageous.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical & problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to operate in a large, multicultural organisation.
Wells Fargo team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. As a Wells Fargo team member, you are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.