At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
Location: This role has flexibility to work remotely with the occasional need to travel to the Dublin office. The Role:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
Prudential International Assurance plc ('PIA') is a leading international life assurance company that is part of the wider M&G plc Group ( www.mandgplc.com ) that sells life insurance in the UK and Europe.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Tax Specialist to join the tax team that reports directly to the Tax Lead and make a direct contribution in managing tax requirements in PIA. This will be a busy and varied role, offering fantastic learning and development opportunities for an enthusiastic tax professional. As the PIA tax team is small it involves daily and weekly collaboration and the role also is indirectly part of the wider M&G plc group tax team.
The tax team in Dublin is part of the overall Finance team in Dublin that reports to the Finance Director and involves working closely with colleagues in Ireland, the UK and Poland. PIA is currently growing its business so this is an excellent time to join, be involved in future expansion and develop with the business. Key Responsibilities for this role:
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Managing the FATCA and CRS requirements of the business including annual reporting in Ireland and for PIA UK branch as well as managing ongoing new business queries and building a robust model for AEOI in PIA.
- Assisting the tax lead with corporate tax compliance in Ireland and UK, quarterly and annual tax provisioning, VAT, transfer pricing and employment taxes.
- Manage policyholder tax, operational tax requirements and related projects and keeping updated on policyholder tax changes.
- Support the Operations and Commercial teams on operational tax issues.
- Support PIA on project related tasks as needed.
- Experience in FATCA/CRS and tax in insurance or financial services and working on inter group projects.
- A professional tax qualification.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to interpret new regulations and financial information.
- Ability to self-manage and also work as part of a team.
- Experience of communicating and presenting effectively both verbally and in writing, both with tax and non-tax teams
Work Level: Experienced Colleague
Recruiter Name: Phoebe Ewers
Closing Date: 30th September 2022
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things