TMS Derivatives Senior Analyst (12 Mth FTC)
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
As senior analyst you will help with daily tasks as well as offering guidance to less experienced team members. You'll get involved in a number of tactical and strategic projects that the derivatives team is heavily invovled with.
Within Asset Management Operations, Trade Management Services (TMS) are responsible for all aspects of Post Trade Operations across the Equity, Fund, Fixed Income, FX / Money Market, and Derivative asset classes. The team also has responsibility for Collateral and oversight of the Stock Lending programme. TMS process in excess of 120,000 trades per month seeking to maximise efficiency, minimise operational risks whilst constantly evolving the operational model. The global range of Fidelity's products and services expose the team to the full spectrum of Post Trade Operations across the breadth of the world's markets.
The Derivative team within TMS are responsible for processing all OTC and Exchange Traded Derivatives across global markets. The team processes a broad range of instruments, specifically Futures, Options, Contracts for Difference, Interest rate and Credit Swaps, both bilateral and centrally cleared. The team are responsible for all aspects of the Post Trade Operational life cycle: trade capture, confirmation, position and cash balance reconciliation, option assignments, payments and portfolio reconciliation
In addition the team are also responsible for managing counterparty risk by fully collateralising the bilateral OTC portfolios on a daily basis.
What you'll do
In your role as Senior Analyst role within the TMS Derivatives tea, you'll be responsible for performing all daily tasks in a timely and accurate manner, meeting the requirements of the 12:00 & 17:00 valuation points. You'll also help Analysts with daily processing issues, offering guidance and sharing their experiences, getting involved in a number of tactical and strategic projects to add capacity, increase efficiency and support new products.
What you can expect
Performing daily tasks to ensure:
- All trades are captured and confirmed in accordance with internal deadlines
- Daily liaison with Clearing Brokers to ensure all trades are 'given up' in a timely manner
- Portfolios are reconciled and exceptions are resolved on a daily basis
- Cash balances at Clearing Brokers are managed and reconciled on a daily basis
- Liaise with Brokers, Custodians and Trading desks to resolve day to day processing issues
- All OTC portfolios are collateralised on a daily basis.
- Ad hoc project work as required to enhance processes and support new products.
Who you are
The successful candidate will currently be working in a Post Trade Operations role and be familiar with the key day to day operational lifecycle and processes. The successful candidate will be keen to develop their experience and knowledge in a fast paced
- Previous operational experience in more than two of the following:
- Exchange Traded Derivatives
- Interest Rate and Credit Swaps
- Contracts for Difference
- Portfolio Reconciliation
- Collateral Management
- Trade Reporting
- Previous knowledge of more than two of the following systems:
- DTCC Trade Information Warehouse
- Strong Excel skills as many processes use 'End User Computing' solutions
- A good understanding of SWIFT messaging, formats and the differing market requirements
- Awareness of Investment Management Operations and the connection to asset servicing and NAV production
- Highly numerate
- Able to prioritise workload and work to both NAV point deadlines and market deadlines under pressure
- A strong communicator who is able to explain issues effectively
- Self- motivated with a strong desire to succeed
- Accurate with a keen sense of Operational risk