Systems Administrator, SaaS Infrastructure Operations (Charles River); Officer
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Systems Administrator, SaaS Infrastructure Operations (Charles River); OfficerCharles River provides an end-to-end solution to automate front and middle-office investment management functions across asset classes on a single platform. Delivered as a hosted service, the solution improves data quality and investment professional productivity, controls risk and lowers technology costs. Charles River serves more than 350 investment firms in over 40 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking and pension markets. Charles River were acquired by State Street in October 2018.
Background: Charles River is rapidly growing it's Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). We are looking to recruit a hands on, well rounded solution designer for our growing Infrastructure Support team. This team is responsible for the design, administration and daily operation of critical systems used to support our client's Production, Disaster Recovery and Test environments. The team also helps to develop new support services and architects our Company's SaaS Infrastructure.
- Play a key role with onboarding new clients including environment provisioning, customer connectivity, service integration and security configuration.
- Provide production infrastructure support for our large and complex base of live clients.
- Manage, monitor and troubleshoot systems with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Assist with capacity planning for server resources.
- Write basic SQL queries and perform light database administration tasks.
- Support 3rd party infrastructure applications and services such as Citrix XenApp, file transfer, job scheduling.
- Adhere to CRD technical standards, policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with business and software teams to create/streamline/automate support processes.
- Understand and respect the importance of IT security and follow all documented security policies and procedures.
- Participate in incident response and troubleshooting efforts as issues arise.
- Participate in periodic weekend work and On-call rotation.
- Operational experience on an infrastructure/systems administration team supporting mission critical production systems.
- Experience building and delivering IT systems with a high degree of quality.
- Proven experience working with various core infrastructure and web technologies.
- Proven experience with MS Windows Server system administration or application server support.
- A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail and issue ownership.
- Good understanding of various Microsoft technologies eg Active Directory, Group Policies, IIS, WSUS, SQL Server, DFS, DNS, NTFS etc.
- Basic understanding of the core concepts of networking, firewalls and VPNs.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple significant projects and initiatives.
- Experience with some web/application server technologies eg Apache HTTPD, IIS, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, WebSpher.
- Experience with job scheduling software is a plus eg Cisco Tidal, AutoSy, BMC Control-M.
- Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Perl, etc advantageous.
- Understanding of ITIL concepts a plus.
- University Degree or equivalent in a technical or analytical discipline eg Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science etc.
- Professional IT Certifications desirable.