Senior Portfolio Specialist - Head of Team & Italian Country Lead
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Mediolanum Asset Management Limited (MAML)
- 09 Mar 18 2018-03-09
To develop, support and grow the commercial relationship with Mediolanum Ireland’s Distributors while ensuring our range of targeted retail solutions (mutual funds & insurance) remain relevant to our clients continually changing needs as well as evolving market conditions. Pre-requisites for the role include a deep knowledge of investment fund solutions, how they are managed and promoted, sound commercial business acumen, excellent relationship building skills, as well as the ability to build, manage and develop his/her direct reports.
Report to: Head of Investments
Principal Duties of the position, including but not limited to:
- Building and leading a team of commercially focussed, country specific, product specialists (Italy, Spain & Germany) to represent Mediolanum Ireland’s business model, product solutions, capabilities and outcomes to MIFL’s Distributor network.
- Developing and delivering commercially focussed Distributor support programs aimed at growing our existing commercial relationships and sales of Mediolanum Ireland managed products.
- Production and delivery of commercially focused product related collateral through traditional and on-line channels including regular publications, videos, webinars, workshops, roadshows etc.
- Co-ordinating the inputs of various internal stakeholders, particularly Mediolanum’s in-house investment management and product development functions in Dublin, to deliver professional collateral as outlined above.
- Project managing Distribution Support, and Client Servicing initiatives, monitoring subsequent performance and leveraging resources to provide maximum results.
- In excess of 7 years relevant investment management experience in a cross border asset manager, ideally European and retail focussed. Relevant experience is likely to include prior experience as a Product or Investment Communications Specialist, Client Servicing or direct business to business sales/account management with a demonstrable track record of achievement
- University graduate, preferably with an investment industry qualification such as the CFA
- Flexible, independent, self-starter with the ability to multi task, influence and deliver results in the face of competing demands and according to strict time constraints.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written and fluency in both English and Italian required.
- A creative person with the ability to question the status quo, to pursue innovative solutions, to solve problems, take advantage of opportunities and to champion the resultant change process.
- Personable with a commercial mind-set possessing strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills as well as experience managing and mentoring a Team.