Senior Performance Analyst
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Mediolanum Asset Management Limited (MAML)
- 23 Aug 18
The Performance, Monitoring & Control (PMC) team is a critical part of the investment team at Mediolanum. The performance analyst will work within a team of analysts primarily focused on providing support to a team of traders, portfolio managers & fund selection personnel. The responsibilities of the successful candidate will be varied, interesting and challenging. The working environment is dynamic and would afford an ambitious person with a background in a finance related discipline the ability to expand upon their knowledge of the investment industry and develop a thorough understanding of how a large asset manager operates.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Team member:
- Provide support to the Performance, Monitoring & Control manager in running the team, developing and implementing team objectives.
- Providing guidance, mentorship and subject matter expertise to the junior performance analyst. Setting monthly performance goals and conducting 30x30 performance appraisal discussions.
- Performance Analytics:
- Analysing and effectively communicating the drivers of this performance to the investment team, product teams & board of directors.
- Monitoring and attributing the performance & risk of mutual funds and insurance products managed by Mediolanum Asset Management against peer competitor funds, as well as market benchmarks.
- Managing benchmark changes to ensure suitability, cost minimisation & implementation.
- Monitoring all products and managers in respect of the investment guidelines in terms of investable universe, restrictions and performance & risk standards.
- Portfolio analytics:
- Supporting other units in providing the necessary information to complete products fact sheets (including comments, asset allocation, and duration information).
- Supporting the Investment Committee’s evaluations and decisions with ad hoc investment analysis related to the current or prospective products.
- Development and projects:
- Working with the team to enhance, rationalize reports as required. Ensuring our processes are robust by reviewing and updating procedures, ensuring appropriate controls are used, developing relevant KPIs, and cross-training with other analysts where needed.
- Working with our colleagues in IT to drive efficiencies in processes and analysis production.
- Maintenance of data in relation to funds managed by Mediolanum Asset Management, as well as benchmarks associated with those processes.
- Thorough & robust testing and trialling of new systems.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with our various supplier firms.
The Ideal Candidate will have;
- 7-10 years’ experience providing portfolio analysis & support directly to front office investment personnel, preferably at an asset manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or a related discipline, with a CFA charter holder or progress towards CFA being an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience; including asset allocation, performance measurement & attribution & risk analysis.
- A good knowledge of equities, fixed income and mutual funds. Understanding of requirements under different regulatory regimes, including Solvency II, UCITS & MIFID
- Experience with one or more of Bloomberg PORT, Style Research, Morningstar or MYSIS Fusion Invest is a distinct advantage.
- A working knowledge of scripted languages like R, Python on top of SQL is crucial.