· Sitting in the 2nd line of defence, this individual will report directly into the local CRO, with a dotted line into the Regional Head in the UK.
· They will be responsible for the ongoing managing, maintenance and embedding of the operational risk framework, developing and improving controls from an Irish perspective.
· Maintain the RCSA's across the business.
· Identify Key Risk Indicators. Complete Incident Management
· Identify and investigate operational risk events, ensuring root cause analysis and control assessments are taken. This includes completing deep dive reviews.
· Identify process and control weaknesses; raising issues and associated actions where required.
· Run Scenario Analysis.
· Update Operational Risk Policies and Procedures.
· Complete operational risk analysis and operational risk reporting.
· It is essential that the candidate has a background in capital markets (ideally commodities).
· Candidates must have a demonstrated in-depth understanding of the trading process.
· At least 7-8 years of pure operational risk experience within financial services.
· The successful candidate will need to have excellent communication skills; as this is an oversight and challenging role, they will need to be able to imbed and champion a good risk culture across the firm.
· The successful candidate will need to be able to work autonomously - while at the same time collaborate with colleagues across multiple jurisdictions; they must be a self-starter who is eager to add value and make a permanent long-term move.
· Applicants must have experience working with senior stakeholders, challenging and effectively influencing the business as well as participating at risk committees.
· Candidates must be fluent in English - both written and oral.
This role offers:
· Opportunity to be part of a globally respected entity; as part of a small office, the role offers autonomy, variety and scope of responsibility.
· Opportunity to be part of strategic decision making and a fully integrated global operational risk team.
· Competitive base salary and benefits.
· My client has an ethos of internal mobility, and there are on-going opportunities for career growth, learning and development.