Senior Lead Auditor
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
Participates in integrated audits and leads execution of the audit process (primarily as in-charge and in some cases as engagement supervisor), in accordance with WFAS policy. With guidance/support from the Engagement Supervisor (Audit Manager/Senior Audit Manager). The Senior Audit Leader is responsible for accurately assessing risks and controls, developing effective test plans, exhibiting appropriate judgement regarding issue notification , drafting findings and final audit reports and leading communication with clients.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required) Responsibilities:
- Lead Audits primarily as in-charge and in some cases as engagement supervisor.
- Identify and assess key risks and controls and develop effective test plans for engagements with limited guidance.
- Work within deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Exhibit appropriate judgement regarding issue notification, issues draft findings to client management, and draft final audit reports for review by the Engagement Supervisor or Senior Audit Manager.
- Demonstrate depth and breadth of knowledge and understanding of risks (operational, financial, regulatory etc.) across multiple businesses.
- Support the Senior Audit Manager as needed in regional governance forums and develop/maintain strong relationships with local personnel.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to influence across multiple levels of management.
- Support regional manager by interacting with regional, US and APAC WFAS personnel to fulfill regional regulatory requests.
Market Skills and Certifications
- BA or BS degree with courses taken in audit, business, finance, accounting or computer science a clear advantage
- CIA/IIA/CISA or equivalent
- An MBA or professional certification (either ACA/CPA, CFA or equivalent) is a plus, as is previous securities, compliance or operations experience.
- Specific industry knowledge of corporate and investment banking, fixed income products origination, sales and trading, equities sales, treasury products, asset management and related Risk, Compliance, Technology and Operations.
- Demonstrates professional skepticism.
- Sound understanding of internal audit, risk management and risk advisory skills.
- Proven ability to effectively lead projects, collect and analyze data, develop and communicate recommendations and provide effective performance feedback to team members.
- Well developed planning, organizing and staff management skills
- Proven ability to work within deadlines and manage multiple tasks. Demonstrate excellent communication and ability to influence change.
- Self-awareness, conflict resolution skills, individual accountability and a passion for learning are also critical.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.