Senior IRRBB Risk Manager
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Apr 19
Senior IRRBB Risk Manager
- Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
- Education: Master's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19013171
Citi, a leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citibank Europe plc (CEP) is the main EU banking entity for Citi in EMEA with a presence in 22 European countries. It covers several key business lines including Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Services, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Consumer, with revenues of approx. $2bn and total assets of $50 billion which are expected to grow further. CEP has been designated a significant institution by the ECB and is therefore expected to meet enhanced regulatory expectations especially with regard to risk management.
CEP Independent Risk Management, headquartered in Dublin, acts as the second line of defense for the holistic management of risk across all business lines and locations of CEP.
Within Independent Risk Management, the Market and Liquidity Risk team is responsible for the oversight and monitoring of market (incl. IRRBB) and liquidity risk in CEP. The team engages extensively with regional and global risk management team to co-ordinate risk management activities across Citi's global network.
- Day to day responsibility for IRRBB risk management in CEP.
- Lead delivery of regulatory requirements for IRRBB including, EBA stress testing, STE reporting, SREP questionnaires and other requests in co-operation with CEP and regional stakeholders.
- Work with internal stakeholders to complete development of a sustainable solution for IRRBB reporting in EBA Stress Testing exercises.
- Support CEP Head of Market and Liquidity Risk in evaluating legal vehicle risk controls and framework for any new business or strategic initiatives.
- Review CEP legal vehicle IRRBB positions and limits. Escalate any issues, with appropriate suggested mitigation, to CEP Risk Senior Management without delay.
- Oversee the delivery of IRRBB reports/commentary to the Board, Risk, ALCO and Market Risk Committees, Regulators and Senior Management.
- Prepare IRRBB component of ICAAP, Risk Appetite Statements, Stress Testing and other ad-hoc regulatory or legal entity governance projects drawing in appropriate regional/global Market Risk resources as required.
- Ensure that IRRBB components of relevant audits, inspections and reviews are completed successfully. Ensure that any market risk follow up actions raised by internal and external audits are diligently performed.
- Post-graduate education in Finance, Financial Risk Management, or other quantitative discipline.
Experience and Skills
- Extensive relevant IRRBB experience including metrics, modelling techniques and regulatory requirements in an international banking organisation with a diverse product set. Knowledge of market and liquidity risk would be advantageous.
- Stature and standing to influence the ALCO and Risk Committee of the bank and readily partner with Treasury, Business and Risk Management colleagues at a regional level.
- Interaction with auditors / regulators and understanding of applicable best practice guidelines and regulations.
- Authority to command attention with CEP and Citi Treasury functions and enforce risk decisions in a relevant commercial manner while meeting regulatory and other requirements.
- Experience of prior EBA stress testing exercises, including assessment of requirements, management of resources to complete relevant templates and engagement with regulators to assess outcomes.
- Excellent teamwork and project management skills.
What we offer
This is an exciting opportunity to lead within a growing risk management team in a global banking environment. The role will give the candidate exposure to senior management in risk and across the business as well as the opportunity to shape processes and procedures and to lead on key deliverable of the team and department.
At Citi, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including an on-site restaurant, coffee dock and shop, a subsidized gym and subsidized social clubs and societies.
Citi boasts a large diversity framework and network which encourages inclusion in the workforce as well as participation in a wide variety of initiatives and events. We also pride ourselves on our engagement with the local community from a Corporate Social Responsibility perspective.
Citi offers employees a competitive benefits package as well as extra additional perks such as corporate discounts and memberships.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer