Senior Financial Analyst - Midlands
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
Multinational Company - would suit those in Midlands; Offaly, Laois, Carlow, Kilkenny etc
Senior Finance Analyst
This is a commercial Senior Finance Analyst role reporting to the Finance Director and working closely with Supply Chain, Innovation, Sales & Marketing teams.
The objective is to support the short and long-term goals of the business by providing comprehensive costing analysis and leadership to the business
- Responsible for the maintenance & development of accurate Product Costings and Bills of Material across all products
- Investigation of variances and analysis of production efficiencies to assist in root cause analysis and to partner with the Production Team to understand and deliver recommendations that drive tangible EBIT improvements.
- Support the innovation process by performing in-depth costings analysis.
- Key influencer of commercial business cases by working with and constructively challenging operations on product costings to ensure costings are appropriate for volumes, commercially viable and operationally achievable.
- Support the annual budgets and monthly financial forecasts for the plant activities based on the production plan.
- Support the site management team identifying, building and appraising business cases to support capital investment into site
- Prepare the annual capex plan and regularly report on the execution progress. Ensure timely capitalization of new assets and identify possible idle assets
- Supporting EBITA targets by working cross functionally to identify, support and influence cost reduction and process improvement initiatives across inventory, purchasing, logistics, labour and overheads
- Perform inventory valuation and reconciliation to ensure completeness & accuracy, and ensure compliance with company policy and GAAP.
- Accountable for driving the quarterly aged stock review process and provision calculation
- Work with Finance and Operations to develop standardised reporting that meets the management / financial reporting requirements of Finance and Operations.
- Qualified Accountant – ACCA, ACA, CIMA
- Experience in pharma, manufacturing, retail, supply chain would be advantageous
- Strong understanding of various types of cost
- Excellent business partnering skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Sharp commercial acumen