Description About Citi
- Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18073883
Citi has had a presence in Ireland since 1965 and was one of the first foreign banks to open an office here. As the No.1 Corporate and Investment bank in Ireland, Citi led all of the major financing for aviation leasing clients in 2016 in Ireland, which is a global aviation leasing hub. Citibank Europe has been Head Quartered in Dublin since January 2016 and is Citi's single EU-passported bank, with operations in 21 countries across the EMEA region and is regulated by the European Central Bank with a long-term rating "A" by all three primary Rating Agencies. The businesses covered by Citibank Europe include Markets and Securities Services, Corporate Banking, Trade and Treasury Solutions, Private Banking and Consumer. As of 2016, Citibank Europe has a net income of US$852 million, over 9,000 employees and more than 60% of these working in the Citi Service Centres.
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assurance of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This is a Senior Auditor role focusing on leading the audit coverage for Global Markets businesses, with a particular focus on Markets-wide initiatives, remediation projects, risk assessment, annual planning, business monitoring, audit execution and reporting. The person will work with global and regional ICG personnel to deliver the audit plan for the IA Regulatory Initiatives and Centralized Markets Functions team. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications Experience and Skills:
- Executes Audit Assurance deliverables and focus on assessing design and operating effectiveness of the controls implemented to address Principal Risks impacting these legal entities.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports; Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation, as well as supporting business monitoring deliverables.
- Works on potentially complex and critical sections of audit engagements, including developing testing strategy, executing audit assurance programs and drafting and reporting control issues.
- Develop effective stakeholder relationships
- Influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product/ function partners.
- Analyse reported findings; recommends appropriate interventions and improvements where needed.
- Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with internal audit and business colleagues to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
What we Offer
- Experience in a related role covering risk and controls assurance
- Demonstrates experience in executing challenging audits and controls testing work ideally within a matrix reporting environment.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of Capital Markets products, especially those associated with the Markets business (FX, Fixed Income, Credit Markets, Global Securitized Markets, Municipal Securities, Commodities, G10 Rates and Money Market).
- Effective negotiation skills; articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- BA/BS or equivalent / related certifications (CA, CPA, CFA, CIA or similar) are a plus.
- As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- Competitive paid annual leave
- A non-contributory pension scheme with strong employer contributions
- Life assurance cover
- Citi fully covers medical insurance for all employees with generous day to day benefits as well as hospital cover
- Citi also supports a further education policy
- Wellness program - on site Occupational Health Centre plus a series of informative talks on topical health related subjects
- Tax Saver and Bike to Work Schemes
- Opportunity to work in a flexible environment where the business can support
At Citi, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including an on-site restaurant, coffee dock and shop, a subsidised gym and subsidised social clubs and societies.
Citi boasts a large diversity framework and network which encourages inclusion in the workforce as well as participation in a wide variety of initiatives and events. We also pride ourselves on our engagement with the local community from a Corporate Social Responsibility perspective.
Citi offers employees a competitive benefits package as well as extra additional perks such as corporate discounts and memberships.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.