Senior Analyst - Data Governance
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
As the Data Governance Senior Analyst, you will provide support to the Senior Manager and promote the Data Governance Framework across the Organisation.
What you'll do
The purpose of the Data Governance Senior Analyst role is to provide support to the Senior Manager and promote the Data Governance Framework across the Organisation.
This will be achieved by supporting the business data owners, data stewards and data stakeholders with respect to meeting the Data Governance standards and policy.
You will be expected to take responsibility for running the oversight processes on the FIL Data Directory and the SharePoint site on the Fidelity Source.
As you'll be working in a small team, your role will be varied to support the managers in driving forward the data governance strategy, in particular the data quality initiatives.
This will require you to support the business in resolving the issues in Data quality, timeliness, accessibility and ensuring availability to both clients and internal data consumers.
Areas of focus are likely to be varied; it is expected to include reference data, customer data, product data, performance data, pricing data, fund accounting data and trading data.
- Proven operational experience, within an Asset Management company, where you have had to work to deadlines and have high attention to detail
- Good experience in desktop analytical and formatting skills including Excel, Basic SQL, Basic VBA or other scripting language.
- An understanding of Data Governance best practice in the industry.
- An understanding of Data Architecture, Metadata, Data Lifecycles, Data Quality Standards and Logical Data Modelling practices.
- The ability to understand and produce moderately complex data flows. [Data Lineage]
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and to navigate complex decision points
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to promote culture change across the organisation for Data Governance.
- Dynamic "can do" attitude with a strong desire to improve and make things happen
- Excellent Microsoft office skills [Excel, VBA, Power BI]
- An understanding of Regulatory and Compliance requirements
- Previous Experience of working on data governance practices in a financial services business
- Experience in facilitating workshops employing different techniques to lead participants to consensus
- Good understanding of Data Governance enabling technologies
- Degree-educated; either in a financial discipline or else IT
- 3-5 years' experience in working with Data
- Any Recognised industry qualifications pertaining to Data would be advantageous
The following values are considered to be fundamental to the way in which we work and as the successful candidate you will:
- Think Like an Entrepreneur
- Earn the Client's Trust
- Act with Integrity
- Make it Happen
- Customer Orientation and Stakeholder Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Influencing and negotiation
- Initiating and adapting to change: Process improvements, Flexibility
- Information Gathering
- Problem Analysis
- Planning & Implementation
- Need for Excellence - Quality Orientation