SSGA Business Compliance - Assistant Vice President
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
SSGA Business Compliance - Assistant Vice PresidentHands-on regulatory and monitoring experience within an asset management environment.
- Supporting the development, implementation and management of an appropriate risk based compliance monitoring programme through effective project management, reporting and process improvement
- Reviewing and researching applicability of new rules, regulations and codes of practice to ensure business is conducted in a compliant manner, providing insight on industry best practice and benchmarking in a multi-jurisdictional environment
- Reviewing and assessing compliance breaches and remediation while working with the business to resolve compliance issues. Produce regular metrics and programme status updates as and when needed
- Develop and implement the firm's compliance procedures, documentation and monitoring systems, to enhance the firm's compliance processes
- Working with Compliance Oversight Program key stakeholders to define, prioritize, and achieve strategic objectives while ensuring projects delivered meet approved requirements
- Support the compliance team in managing key projects from the initiation and planning stages through execution and completion
A good knowledge of the existing and forthcoming Irish, French, German, Swiss, Polish and EU regulatory frameworks is essential as is a comprehensive understanding of the investment management industry, services and products. The individual will be expected to have a deep understanding of the rules pertaining to asset management oversight applicable to the various branches of the Irish entity.
High levels of drive and focus together with enthusiasm for working in an international organisation and adapting to different cultures are each pre-requisites.
The individual should have a pro-active attitude with a focus on providing solutions within an asset management environment, good understanding of European fund structures and ability to deal with and challenge PMs, client facing staff, traders and support functions.
Further, the individual may become involved in aspects of the Compliance Program including ad-hoc support for other members of the team, for example by reviewing marketing materials, training and involvement in the regulatory risk assessment process as necessary. The individual may also be required to assist with the preparation of Compliance management information and reports.
This is a Control Function position and will therefore require the successful candidate to complete the appropriate Fitness & Probity back ground checks