The Compliance and Risk Manager acts as a key contributor to effectively implement, maintain and administer Dimensional’s regional and enterprise risk frameworks. The role also includes compliance responsibilities including maintaining the Dimensional Ireland compliance manual and program as well as associated compliance policies and procedures.
The Compliance and Risk Manager acts as a key contributor to effectively implement, maintain and administer Dimensional’s regional and enterprise risk frameworks. The role also includes compliance responsibilities including maintaining the Dimensional Ireland compliance manual and program as well as associated compliance policies and procedures. This position proactively works with colleagues in business units and corporate support functions globally to identify and escalate risk issues and implement control improvements. The Compliance and Risk Manager also plays a pivotal role in executing both the short-term and long-term goals and objectives set by local and regional leadership.
The role will entail holding the PCF39-B, PCF39-C and PCF39-F pre-approved control functions
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively partner with business leaders to identify risks with regional or enterprise-wide implications and develops effective methods to evaluate controls with emphasis in the areas of portfolio management, trading, investment operations, and investment data
- Promote the firm’s risk management culture through strong engagement and relationship building with senior management
- Responsible for the production of risk reporting for senior management and risk committees, compiling management information, and provides qualitative and quantitative risk guidance
- Maintain current knowledge of global regulatory risk requirements and developments (frameworks, risk registers, etc.) and provides specific support for EMEA requirements (ICAAP, CP86, MiFID II, ESMA liquidity, etc.)
- Assists senior leaders with preparation of materials, including risk and control self-assessments, for local boards, management, and relevant committees
- Collaborates with business partners who conduct operational risk-related activities
- Monitor various fund risk management requirements, including oversight over liquidity, market, counterparty, and investment risks
- Prepare and submit reports to regulators, including to the Central Bank
- Provides backup and support to the Head of Office, regional risk management and compliance personnel who are directly involved in compliance and risk management initiatives
Requirements of the role:
- Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent education or qualifications is preferred
- Previous holders of PCF39-B, PCF39-C and PCF39-F pre-approved control functions will be preferred.
- Professional experience in the asset management industry within a compliance or risk related field
- Familiarity with risk management principles and global standards
- Strong ability in preparing documents and a proven ability to make sound decisions for a firm within a larger global business. This includes the ability to think creatively and gather information and synthesize it to identify problems, trends, and opportunities
- Demonstrated success in identifying risk, developing and implementing control improvements, and building relationships to understand commercial priorities
- Positive attitude, a natural willingness to support the team and a proven ability to develop and cultivate strong business relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team environment, both locally and globally, and interface with personnel in a broad range of areas of expertise and at various levels within the organization
- Successful candidate will need to meet the Central Bank’s “Fitness and Probity” in connection with pre-controlled functions (PCFs).
Dimensional offers a variety of programs to help take care of you, your family, and your career, including comprehensive benefits, educational initiatives, and special celebrations of our history, culture, and growth.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during COVID-19, the majority of Dimensional’s employees are currently working remotely. Firm leadership evaluates the situation on an ongoing basis as to when employees could return to our corporate offices.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, discipline, termination, and social and recreational programs.