Risk Management Group EMEA - Compliance and Money Laundering Reporting Officer
This is a great opportunity to join Macquarie Capital's internal compliance team and to deliver a pan-European focus across Macquarie's risk and compliance offering. You will be at, or nearing Associate Director level and be the dedicated compliance point of contact for the Macquarie Capital Ireland (MCI) and Macquarie Bank Europe (MBE) France Branch. This position will offer you an excellent opportunity to further develop your compliance experience in a dynamic, commercial and fast-paced environment. Sitting within Macquarie's European business in Paris, the role is challenging and requires broad involvement with compliance issues and regular interaction with senior management and executives across the wider Risk Management Group in Europe.
You will provide analytical, administrative and advisory support to the Head of Compliance based in Ireland as required for all compliance activities throughout the Macquarie entity in France. As the dedicated Compliance Officer for the France branch, you will be the first point of contact for advisory support for staff in France. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- conflict identification and management
- regulatory change implementation
- generation of compliance related reporting for the branch
- ensuring all risk-based reviews and monitoring is in line with regulatory obligations, policies and procedures
- managing the relationship with Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) and Autorité de Contrôle Prudentiel et de Resolution ( ACPR)
- responding to any regulatory correspondence received in the France branchWorking closely with the Head of Compliance in Ireland you will assist with financial crime compliance activities and update financial crime compliance policies and procedures (including the implementation of an annual Financial Crime Risk Control Self -Assessment pocess. You will also act as the Tracfin declarant and correspondent for the France branch. As a Compliance Officer you will have a dual reporting lines to the Head of Compliance for Macquarie Capital Ireland (MCI) and the Head of Compliance for Macquarie Bank Europe (MBE).
In addition, you will assist the Regulatory Assurance team in EMEA Risk with any broader EMEA thematic reviews which include the local entity business lines in the scope of the review, providing support with implementation of an annual RCSA process covering the entity's business lines.
To be successful in this role, you will be an experienced compliance professional with at least 5 years' compliance advisory experience gained in an investment banking, legal or regulatory environment. In addition, you will ideally have experience of trading businesses, including futures. Furthermore, you will have an up to date working knowledge of French capital markets and financial services laws, regulatory environment and products and an interest in gaining exposure to, and working closely with, the underlying business. Excellent communication and relationship building at all levels will be key to your success. You enjoy working autonomously, can determine priorities and able to deliver results within deadlines.
If you're ready to join a global organisation and take your career to the next level, apply now online.
Macquarie Group (Macquarie) is a global provider of banking, financial advisory, investment and fund management services. Around the world, we act on behalf of a range of institutional, corporate and retail clients. Founded in 1969, Macquarie employs more than 13,600 people in 28 countries. We focus on areas of business where our skills and expertise deliver real benefits to clients and investors.
Risk Management Group is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Credit, Prudential, Capital and Markets, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, Quantitative Applications and Internal Audit.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.