We are now seeking a Regulatory Compliance Officer to join our Compliance team who is experienced in compliance and regulatory affairs and who can display the skill, energy and enthusiasm required to play a leading role in framing and implementing the Compliance agenda for the Irish and Luxembourg entities.
Due to the growing size of our businesses, a requirement has arisen for a Regulatory Compliance Officer to support the implementation of the compliance monitoring plan for the business.
Specific tasks will involve taking ownership for completion of regulatory reviews for core parts of our business functions on the Insurance business and for the Funds Management Company which manages UCITS/AIFs with assets under management in excess of €35bn. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a leading role in the implementation of key regulatory projects across the business. This is an exciting opportunity that would suit an individual with strong technical compliance experience on the UCITS/AIF Management Company and/or Insurance looking for that next step up within a Compliance team to broaden and diversify their skillset.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- To play a leading role within the Compliance Function of the Irish business;
- Preparation of reports to the Board of Directors on compliance matters as required;
- Delivery of the annual Compliance Plan for the insurance business in line with best practice and the regulatory requirements (e.g. MIFID, UCITS, Solvency II, PRIIPS, IDD, Corporate Governance Code, etc.);
- To play a leading role in the implementation of key regulatory projects (IDD, PRIIPS, GDPR, etc.)
- Gain experience and exposure to the compliance activities of the UCITS ManCo and associated regulatory obligations and /or that for the Insurance business as required: MIFID, UCITS, AIFMD, Fund Management Company Guidance, Solvency II, etc.;
- To support the UCITS & Insurance investment compliance functions;
- To assist with the completion of all compliance and legal monitoring activities scheduled within the compliance team;
- Ad hoc projects as required.
Skills / competencies:
- Quick Learner and Assertive individual who can act by following instructions and act independently when appropriate.
- Organised individual who can self manage multiple priorities, routine work and urgent issues as they arise. The ideal candidate is focused on resolving issues in a pro-active way and in a timely way.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment as it pertains to Irish Financial services companies (knowledge of the cross border business would be an advantage but is not required).
- Display Knowledge & Authority in dealings with all parties and maintaining priority of achieving goals.
- Display Attention to Detail in all aspects of work and relationships.
- Can establish him/herself as a Reliable Point of Contact for internal and external parties.
- Developing and managing relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal, written and numeric skills. Italian language skills would be an advantage though not essential.
- Strong IT skills.
Qualifications and experience:
- Relevant 3rd Level Degree preferably with a legal content is desirable.
- A formal qualification in Compliance is desirable.
- At least 5/6 years’ experience in a compliance or internal audit environment in financial services.