Project Manager, Officer
Who we are looking for
A Project Manager with responsibility for the coordination of projects within IFDS Transfer Agency. The Project Manager will primarily be responsible for project scope definition, planning, risk management, stakeholder management and project governance. He / she will actively lead project meetings, monitor the progress of the assigned project tasks and provide updated status to the business units.
The Project Manager will be client facing and will regularly and proactively engage with them to ensure the best combined outcomes for the clients and IFDS.
The Project Manager will document issues, coordinate solutions and monitor their closure. He/she will coordinate testing and manage the implementation of the project. The Project Manager will be expected to work on several projects at one time.
The Project Manager interacts with all groups involved in the project lifecycle, both internal and external, to ensure successful completion of the project. He/she will have direct interaction with clients as stakeholders of the project. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one if this is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Project Manager you will
- Manage projects within the Transfer Agency department. Project categories include Regulatory, Strategic, Technology Improvement / Maintenance & Client Requested and will mainly focus on Operational Change or Technical System Changes
- Develop the Business Case in conjunction with the Project sponsor.
- Define the project scope based on the Project sponsor's objectives together with input from the appropriate stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Engage extensively with clients to establish exact requirements, agree solutions and define timeframes for project deliverables
- Coordinate stakeholders across multiple locations and time zones
- Proactively identify and manage project risks, ensuring that the appropriate measures are taken to ensure that all stakeholders have an appropriate appreciation of the key risks and that the required steps to mitigate these risks are completed.
- Maintain thorough documentation throughout the project life cycle including collation of all required signoffs
- Issue tracking and management, ensuring that the appropriate stakeholders agree with the resolution steps
- Perform a cost/benefit analysis under the direction of the Project Owner
- Monitor project milestones
- Report project status and issues to business unit on a regular basis.
- Present project updates and key decisions at program level steering meetings
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing and implementation planning
- Assist with the development of the Training Program for the project
- Interface with other business units involved in the project and coordinates the project team and activities across all organizations involved in the project
- Coordinate internal Legal & Risk requests
- Work within the Transfer Agency Project Office structure and ensures that all standard templates are used
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously. The management of pipelines of small related projects will also be a feature of the role
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- End to end experience of project lifecycle
- Experience with client facing engagement and management of same
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good prioritization and time management.
- Strong Presentation and Facilitating skills
- Good people management & supervisory skills
- Self-motivated, innovative and analytical
- Excellent communication, interaction and influencing skills
- Ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to engage successfully in multiple initiatives simultaneously
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Work experience as management/supervisory/project management experience in financial services
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Project)
- University degree in accounting, banking, finance, business administration, or equivalent professional qualification
- Knowledge of the Transfer Agency function would be an advantage
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers