Product Development Analyst
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Mediolanum International Funds Limited (MIFL)
- 20 May 19
Product Development Analyst
We currently have an exciting opening within our Product Development Team whose core objective is to drive the development of retail investment solutions (Funds and Insurance) that enable our predominantly retail client base to have access to innovative solutions across traditional and alternative asset classes. The role will encompass researching and interpreting competitor offerings and market trends as well as working with external Investment partners, our internal investment team, distributors and other key stakeholders to ensure a robust and competitive offering of investment solutions following our proprietary MedInSynC, Product Development Process. The ideal candidate will have 2 / 3 years experience in a relevant discipline (market intelligence / research / product management, product development and / or Investments) in an asset management environment. The candidate will also have or will be working towards qualifications such as CFA/CAIA/FRM and have demonstratable knowledge of UCITs and/or other industry regulations (AIFMD, ELTIFS, Insurance). Fluency in Italian or Spanish would be advantageous.
Gathering Market intelligence inputs for the Product Development process
• Create and maintain a steady and meaningful flow of quantitative and qualitative inputs to enable actionable Product Development insights utilizing subscribed databases such as Broadridge, Morningstar and Mercer insights as well as leading news sources such as Citywire, Ignites Europe, Fund Radar and Funds Europe amongst others
• Undertake competitor research at an overall industry, individual firm and individual strategy level.
• Support the development of MIO's analytics capability and use of proprietary client data, to glean a greater understanding of our clients and identify behavioral patterns/triggers to incorporate into future commercial products or services.
• Meet regularly with investment partners to develop productive relationships, to investigate, evaluate, compile and summarize investment ideas with a view towards identifying potential new product launches, evolving existing solutions and unearthing relvant market intelligence
• Utilize Salesforce and the proprietary MedInSynC process to collect and Analyze relevant ideas, portfolio data and due diligence from our investment partners
• Evaluate and recommend optimal products to prioritize for promotion accounting for anticipated market trends
• Recommend alterations/improvements to the evolve the existing product family
• Organize semi-annual distributor workshops structured to reach a consensus on future product launches and knowledge on market trends
• Work with Investments, distributors and other key stakeholders to ensure a robust and competitive offering of products
Skills & Competencies
• Self-initiative and strong attention to detail
• Genuine passion for financial markets and desire to work on the structuring and ,management of innovative solutions
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict time lines while managing multiple priorities.
• Capable of working both on your own or as part of a wider team
• Strong analytical and communication skills In English (both oral & written). Fluency in Italian/Spanish would also be advantageous
• Analytical approach and an ability to express your views commercially
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
• Knowledge of Morningstar/Broadridge is an advantage
Qualifications & Experience
• A demonstrable track record in a related investment industry discipline with 2/3 years relevant work experience.
• Relevant Finance/Economics degree/masters and at minimum working towards CFA/CAIA/FRM or equivalent qualification
• Good knowledge of Investment Markets; the main asset classes. return drivers, risk, manager styles, managed solutions
• Good knowledge and experience of fund structures and regulatory developments such as MIFID II and Solvency II.
• Fluency in Italian/Spanish would be advantageous