Payments System Risk Manager (Credit Risk Team)
Description About Citi
- Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18077677
Citi, a leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citibank Europe plc (CEP) is the main EU banking entity for Citi in EMEA with a presence in 22 European countries. It covers several key business lines including Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Services, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Consumer, with revenues of approx. $2bn and total assets of $50 billion which are expected to grow further. CEP has been designated a significant institution by the ECB and is therefore expected to meet enhanced regulatory expectations especially with regard to risk management. Job Background/Context
CEP Independent Risk Management, headquartered in Dublin, acts as the second line of defence for the holistic management of risk across all business lines and locations of CEP.
Within Independent Risk Management, the CEP Credit Risk Team is responsible for the management of credit risk across all business lines and locations of Citibank Europe plc.
Payments Systems Risk Management (PSRM), as part of Financial Institutions Risk Management (FIRM), is responsible for managing risks associated with FMIs such as Exchanges, Clearing Houses, Central Counterparties and Funds transfer systems. PSRM establishes risk management parameters and methodologies and conducts assessment of risks associated with an FMI membership. Key Responsibilities
• Conduct new/material change in FMI membership reviews, and new product/regulatory capital reviews, support PSRM regional Heads, Risk Managers and Product Managers as needed for new or material change in memberships or credit risks taken to a FMI
• Execute the delivery of risk reports/commentary/portfolio reviews to the Board, Risk and other relevant Committees along with Regulators and Senior Management
• Prepare/update Obligor Risk Ratings and/or Membership Risk Ratings; get the required annual re-assessments from the respective Business Head
• Prepare/work with the relevant credit officer on credit reviews for CEP FMIs
• Provide PSRM (Industry specialist) Co-Approvals for Facilities to CEP FMIs
• Monitor exposures to FMIs against limits and triggers, and resolve excesses working with respective Risk Managers, Desk Heads and CRMS.
• Complete quarterly reviews of equity investments in FMIs, working with Finance
• Work with CEP Head of Credit Risk on specific projects, such as updating credit processes, IFRS 9 etc.
• Support for information requests from Central Bank of Ireland, European Central Bank, External Auditors and Internal Audit Qualifications Experience and Skills
• Proven experience in financial markets and products such as securities, listed and OTC derivatives, FX, and Funds Transfers/Cash Clearing.
• Proven experience in Risk Management, Relationship Management, or Trading Operations, preferably in an analytical role.
• Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office products, experience with credit risk and front office systems desirable.
• Strong analytical and problem solving ability with attention to detail.
• Ability work independently and to collaborate with others to achieve objectives; effectively build business relationships.
• Strong oral and written communication skills Qualifications
• BA required/MBA or CPA preferred What we Offer
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing risk management team in a global banking environment. The role will give the candidate exposure to act as a specialist for FMIs and interact with senior management both within CEP and Citigroup, expanding the knowledge of FMIs and gaining valuable insights into this specific sector.
At Citi, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including an on-site restaurant, coffee dock and shop, a subsidised gym and subsidised social clubs and societies.
Citi boasts a large diversity framework and network which encourages inclusion in the workforce as well as participation in a wide variety of initiatives and events. We also pride ourselves on our engagement with the local community from a Corporate Social Responsibility perspective.
Citi offers employees a competitive benefits package as well as extra additional perks such as corporate discounts and memberships.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add values to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer