Oracle DBA - 6 month Maternity cover
Bloomberg DMS delivers the world's foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud Hosted Service. What's the role?
We are looking for an Oracle DBA to join our infrastructure team on a 6 Month contract, to help build, maintain and improve our database infrastructure. You will help ensure that our databases infrastructure is performing to the highest possible level as well as researching and developing future solutions used by our clients worldwide. We are continually making improvements across the Infrastructure stack, including improvements to our tooling, components, and procedures - and are looking for someone to join the team and help us maintain the standard of excellence Bloomberg customers have come to expect. What will you be doing?
- Contribute to best-in-class reliability of critical Oracle infrastructure components
- Contributing to the design, and support of critical database infrastructure
- Assist in the Oracle upgrades project, including installation, configuration and tuning of Oracle Databases
- Provide day-to day-support of the existing Oracle Databases
- Monitor, tune and troubleshoot Oracle related issues in collaboration with Software Engineers & Architects
- Develop and publish updates on resolutions to incidents and communicate findings internally
- Provide technical leadership in core database areas
- Experience working in a change control environment
What would we like you to have?
Why Bloomberg DMS?
- Minimum of 7 years industry experience in a similar environment e.g in a large scale Oracle RAC Cluster
- Background in high availability architecture (RAC) is preferred.
- Comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment - Python or shell scripting desirable
- Experienced in a complete range of Oracle DBA activities including day-to-day production, database monitoring as well as Backup & Recovery
- Identify and take ownership for opportunities to automate repeatable tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools and enhancements of existing workflows
- An eagerness to learn new technologies while working on variety of different projects
- Complete customer requests via internal trouble ticketing systems
- Experience with Elastic Search would be extremely advantageous Behaviours
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting in cross function team projects
- Good attention to detail, self-motivation and ability to react to changing priorities
- Take initiative and ownership to improve database components where required
- Excellent problem solving and Root Cause Analysis skills
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly
- Collaborative approach with an ability to work in a team and utilise team member skills when required
At Bloomberg DMS, You will have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and what to help us achieve our mission to "Simplify Data Management".
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.