Operations Analyst (Graduate Level)
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Virtu Financial
- 04 Sep 18
We are seeking a graduate level Operations Analyst to join our team here in Dublin.
Our Operation Analysts are responsible for all pre and post trade settlement processes, as well as ensuring our trades are executed smoothly. This role covers all aspects of the life cycle of a trade; including pre-matching, settlements, corporate actions, cash and stock reconciliation and cash management. Our Operations Analysts also manage our profit and loss process; ensuring P&L, fees and financing are accurate.
During an intensive period of mentorship and training in trade floor operations, our Operation Analysts learn the intricacies of each step of the trade flow process. This team also has the opportunity to work closely with our Traders, Compliance Officers, Accountants and Software Engineers. They analyse trading data and look for ways to optimise processes to reduce costs and automate workflows.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong academic background in math, computer science, business, finance or related fields.
- Excellent test scores and very high academic marks.
- Some programming experience required (Python and SQL is a huge plus).
- Ambitious and self-motivated, with the ability to use own initiative.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; including effective troubleshooting in a fast paced, time critical environment.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), and excellent organizational skills are essential.
- No finance background is necessary.