OTC Derivatives Onboarding Analyst, AVP
Derivatives Centre of Excellence EMEA
Department: Derivatives Centre of Excellence
Job Title & Band: Derivatives - OTC Onboarding, Assistant Vice President Reporting To: Vice President Job Location: Dublin Job Summary
The analyst, experienced in Middle Office operating models and trade processing, with in-depth knowledge of Derivatives, is required to work with clients and internal groups to deliver successful Onboardings of new clients. The candidate will demonstrate experience working with clients to understand their required operating model and with middle and back office derivatives teams to define detailed requirements and work alongside technical resources to deliver solutions.
The successful candidate will be able to discuss business requirements in detail exhibiting a strong understanding of financial products and business controls. The candidate will be equally at ease discussing business and technical issues and will be able to lead solution discovery. The candidate will be required to present and discuss business and technical issues and solutions with the client and internal management.
- Leads efforts cross-functionally and uses good understanding of business systems, financial industry, and system development lifecycle methodologies to support clients throughout the onboarding process.
- Drives the gathering of business/system requirements by facilitating discussions with clients, and researching and resolving issues.
- Directs other team members in their activities on specific topics
- Makes judgments on potential solutions for new processes or gaps and presents these for decision.
- May assume overall responsibility for and follow up of the project execution until the product is implemented and utilized.
- Leads the preparation and review of draft detailed requirements and related documentation.
- Monitors project planning and management by documenting and maintaining plans, managing issue logs and preparing project documentation.
- Participates in discussions around services and advises on the impact of these on the organization.
- Communicates with client to ensure agreement around client-facing solutions and that client's needs are met.
- Use a broad array of communication tools to inform, persuade, influence, direct and facilitate communication within project teams and between Business and Technical teams.
- Documents business requirements using clear, concise language consistent with the methodology framework.
- Looks to continuously improve the effectiveness of daily operations. Recommends revised procedures and processes.
- Model and analyze business processes and assist the business in identifying ways to maximize operational efficiencies, quality and compliance.
- Identify compile, analyze and document business requirements that accurately and thoroughly reflect business needs.
- MO Onboarding expert for Derivatives Centre of Excellence. Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge of overall process and operating models
- Develop and deliver training/coaching to junior colleagues
- Ensure project plans are adhered to and escalate as needed
- Liaise with PMO and Onboarding Programs
- Exercise discretion and judgment with respect to matters of significance
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to identify, analyse and proactively resolve issues
- Resolve issues, make exceptions and prioritize actions
- Encourage suggestions for, and implementation of, continuous improvements to core products and services
- Help others adapt to new values, attitudes, norms and behaviours that support new ways of doing work and limiting risk
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- At least 7 years' experience as a business analyst, MO manager or Derivatives SME
- In-depth knowledge of OTC Derivative products and lifecycle events strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a business or mathematical discipline preferred
- MS Office Products
- Macro/VBA knowledge beneficial
- Understanding of client onboarding
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills (English)
- Strong Client Management skills
- Strong internal relationship management skills