Multi-Manager Portfolio Manager
We currently have an opening for the role of Multi-manager portfolio manager. The person will be part of a team covering Equity, Fixed income and multi asset. The role will be managing multi asset fund of funds and so experience in this area is a prerequisite. The person will have responsibility for developing and maintain a buy list of funds used to support the creation of a broad range of fund of fund portfolios. Strategic guidance is provided by the Investment committee, the successful candidate for this role will be expected to manage the portfolios in line with this view. Our investment process follows a risk budgeting approach to ensure portfolios are aligned correctly to where we want to have risk in portfolios and to ensure there is consistent application of the process across products. Another key consideration for how our funds are positioned relative to their product peer group categories. The Investment Team is growing and its scope is expanding thereby providing a thriving environment for career progression in a new dedicated role and function. Duties
• To be part of the multi manager team and be a named portfolio manager in a number of products
• To take create a buy list across allocated multi-asset fund research areas
• To maintain strong knowledge of allocated peer categories as defined by Morningstar, to understanding industry positioning across the sector
• Ensure that portfolios are consistent with the Investment Committee strategic view as well as being aligned to key product objectives
• Help to design active investment risk measures and efficient analysis of portfolios
• Developing quantitative techniques that support investment decisions
• Develop models to identify the factors that drive performance and enhance it, seek new ways of constructing portfolios and challenging investment ideas
• Support Portfolio Managers through critical analysis of the composition of funds
• Ad hoc projects as required Skills & Competencies
• Excellent analytical skills, knowledge of numerical & quantitative research techniques
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Programming skills desirable
• Numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail as a pre-requisite as is the ability to work to deadlines in a team based environment
• Strong analytical and communication skills (both oral & written)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
• Knowledge of Bloomberg PORT, Morningstar, Style Research is an advantage Qualifications & Experience
• 5+ years' experience in asset management.
• Extensive experience in multi asset fund of fund portfolio management.
• Quantitative/Business based University Degree.
• CFA qualification is advantageous.