Market Risk Analyst
Description About Citi
- Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
- Education: Master's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19013197
Citi, a leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citibank Europe plc (CEP) is the main EU banking entity for Citi in EMEA with a presence in 22 European countries. It covers several key business lines including Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Services, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Consumer, with revenues of approx. $2bn and total assets of $50 billion which are expected to grow further. CEP has been designated a significant institution by the ECB and is therefore expected to meet enhanced regulatory expectations especially with regard to risk management. Job Background/Context
CEP Independent Risk Management, headquartered in Dublin, acts as the second line of defence for the holistic management of risk across all business lines and locations of CEP.
Within Independent Risk Management, the Market and Liquidity Risk team is responsible for the oversight and monitoring of market (incl. IRRBB) and liquidity risk in CEP. The team engages extensively with regional and global risk management team to co-ordinate risk management activities across Citi's global network. Key Responsibilities
- Review CEP's market risk and CVA risk exposures in the context of limits, mandates and permitted product lists. Escalate any issues, with appropriate suggested mitigations, to CEP Risk Senior Management without delay.
- Support CEP Head of Market and Liquidity Risk in evaluating legal vehicle market risk controls and framework for any new business or strategic initiatives.
- Conduct analysis and reviews on specific market risk topics, as required by CEP Head of Market and Liquidity Risk.
- Assist with the delivery of market risk reports/commentary to the Board, Risk, ALCO and Market Risk Committees, Regulators and Senior Management.
- Assist with the assessment of market risks of new products, working in close co-operation with business sponsors.
- Assist in preparation of market risk components of ICAAPs, Risk Appetite Statements, Stress Testing and other ad-hoc regulatory or legal entity governance projects.
- Assist with delivery of market risk components of relevant audits, inspections and reviews. Ensure that any market risk follow up actions raised by internal and external audits are diligently performed.
Experience and Skills
- Post-graduate education in Economic, Finance, Financial Risk Management, or other quantitative discipline.
What we offer
- Some market risk experience in an international banking organisation with a diverse product set. Knowledge of liquidity risk and IRRBB would be advantageous.
- Ability to engage with Markets trading desks on relevant matters and enforce risk decisions in a relevant commercial manner while meeting regulatory and other requirements.
- Ability to readily partner with Trading, Business and Risk Management colleagues at a CEP and regional level. Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written / verbal).
- Experience in conducting analysis and reviews in market risk related topics.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills. Sufficient grasp of relevant detail, to escalate when appropriate and to question uncertainties.
- Excellent teamwork and project management skills.
Exciting opportunity to lead within a growing risk management department in a global banking environment. As the lead on the ORM Formal Assurance Programme in the entity there is autonomy and scope to influence the approach to formal assurance. The role will give the candidate exposure to engage with senior management in risk, finance and the business ensuring all three are brought together in their understanding of the operational risk and controls.
At Citi, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including an on-site restaurant, coffee dock and shop, a subsidised gym and subsidised social clubs and societies.
Citi boasts a large diversity framework and network which encourages inclusion in the workforce as well as participation in a wide variety of initiatives and events. We also pride ourselves on our engagement with the local community from a Corporate Social Responsibility perspective.
Citi offers employees a competitive benefits package as well as extra additional perks such as corporate discounts and memberships.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer