Manager - Performance & Attribution
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
The primary responsibility of this role will be to manage and actively engage with and support the key stakeholders within the Investment Statistics Group, FIL's investment team.
About Investment Statistics
The Investment Statistics group provides performance information and portfolio analysis for Fidelity International Limited (FIL) worldwide. From 2016, the department will be located in Dublin, and consists of several teams that provide a variety of investment performance related services and analysis to all areas of the FIL business. Investment Statistics comprises of teams that are responsible for performance measurement and portfolio analysis for over 2000 Institutional and Retail funds. The data provided will include fund and benchmark returns, performance attribution, as well as ex-post risk analysis. Another team will take responsibility for data integrity on the team's core database. The Initiatives team is responsible for calculating Portfolio Manager Compensation metrics and supporting our GIPS compliance and on providing more complex analysis and supporting senior management reporting.
Purpose of your role
The primary responsibility of this role will be to manage and actively engage with and support the key stakeholders within the Investment Statistics Group, FIL's investment team, providing in-depth performance and attribution, competitor analysis, risk and analytics for distribution to CIOs, Portfolio Managers, Investment Directors, Client Relationship Managers and other internal clients. This will achieved through active communication with these stakeholders and the management and co-ordination of the performance attribution and retail team members.
The team will provide data for use in external publications, semi-annual and annual report and accounts, as well as producing a wide variety of analysis and internal management reports.
What you'll do
- Provide thought leadership to the team and within the Investment Statistics function.
- Contribute to the overall management of the department in Dublin.
- Direct management of the team.
- Provide coaching, training and support to all direct reports.
- Set objectives, monitor ongoing performance and conduct appraisals.
- Attend meetings and represent the team and department in a variety of forums.
- Act as the Team's focal point for internal customers.
- Lead formal and informal training sessions and presentations as required.
- Coordinate systems testing and produce specifications for system enhancements.
- Oversee and support the day to day activities of the team, which include:
- Calculation and validation of performance and benchmark returns using both internal and external systems
- Calculation and provision of attribution analysis of multi asset and equity funds.
- Calculation of ex-post risk statistics
- Provision of competitor analysis using external systems (e.g. Morningstar)
- Responding to a significant volume of ad-hoc queries and requests
- Taking ownership for specific tasks.
- Involvement in projects and systems testing as required.
Your skills and experience
- Degree level in Finance, Maths, Statistics, Economics, Accounting
- CIPM qualification preferred.
- FRM qualified / CFA (qualified or enrolled) accepted as alternative to CIPM.
- People management experience minimum.
- Experience working in asset management industry working directly with investment performance.
- Understanding of various performance measurement and analysis techniques such as return calculation methodologies (TWR, MWR, Nav-Nav), ex-post risk metrics.
- Understanding of Brinson-Fachler attribution and top down multi asset attribution techniques.
- Good knowledge and understanding of financial markets and investment management.
- Knowledge of vendor systems such as Morningstar, Factset, Bi-Sam and Bloomberg.
- Strong numerical and statistical skills as evident by existing or previous employment.
- Ability to provide leadership and motivation across the group
- Strong people management skills.
- Self-motivated and responsive to a changing environment.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels (up to senior management)
- Team contributor
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.