Liquidity Risk Analyst
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Apr 19
Liquidity Risk Analyst
- Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
- Education: Master's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19013199
Citi, a leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citibank Europe plc (CEP) is the main EU banking entity for Citi in EMEA with a presence in 22 European countries. It covers several key business lines including Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Services, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Consumer, with revenues of approx. $2bn and total assets of $50 billion which are expected to grow further. CEP has been designated a significant institution by the ECB and is therefore expected to meet enhanced regulatory expectations especially with regard to risk management.
CEP Independent Risk Management, headquartered in Dublin, acts as the second line of defence for the holistic management of risk across all business lines and locations of CEP.
Within Independent Risk Management, the Market and Liquidity Risk team is responsible for the oversight and monitoring of market (incl. IRRBB) and liquidity risk in CEP. The team engages extensively with regional and global risk management team to co-ordinate risk management activities across Citi's global network.
- Review CEP's liquidity risk positions, limits and liquidity assumptions. Escalate any issues, with appropriate suggested mitigations, to CEP Risk Senior Management without delay.
- Assist with the delivery of liquidity risk reports/commentary to the Board, Risk, ALCO Committees, Regulators and Senior Management.
- Support the CEP Head of Market and Liquidity Risk to evaluate legal vehicle liquidity risk controls and framework for any new business or strategic initiatives.
- Provide independent risk challenge on management of liquidity within CEP looking at appropriateness of CEP policies, assumptions, procedures, forecasts/plans, strategy etc.
- Assess liquidity risk of new products for CEP working in close co-operation with senior business sponsors.
- Assist in the preparation of independent liquidity risk components of ILAAPs, Funding and Liquidity Plans, Risk Appetite Statements, Stress Testing and other ad-hoc regulatory or legal entity governance projects.
- Assist in delivery of liquidity risk components of relevant audits, inspections and reviews. Ensure that any risk follow up actions raised by internal and external audits are diligently performed.
- Post-graduate education in Economic, Finance, Financial Risk Management, or other quantitative discipline.
Experience and Skills
- Some liquidity risk or treasury experience in an international banking organisation with a diverse product set. Knowledge of market risk and IRRBB would be advantageous.
- Ability to readily partner with Treasury, Business and Risk Management colleagues at a CEP and regional level. Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written / verbal).
- Understanding of key liquidity metrics and concepts and ability to apply that knowledge to conduct reviews and analysis where required.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills. Sufficient grasp of relevant detail, to escalate when appropriate and to question uncertainties.
- Excellent teamwork and project management skills.
What we offer
Exciting opportunity to lead within a growing risk management department in a global banking environment. As the lead on the ORM Formal Assurance Programme in the entity there is autonomy and scope to influence the approach to formal assurance. The role will give the candidate exposure to engage with senior management in risk, finance and the business ensuring all three are brought together in their understanding of the operational risk and controls.
At Citi, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including an on-site restaurant, coffee dock and shop, a subsidised gym and subsidised social clubs and societies.
Citi boasts a large diversity framework and network which encourages inclusion in the workforce as well as participation in a wide variety of initiatives and events. We also pride ourselves on our engagement with the local community from a Corporate Social Responsibility perspective.
Citi offers employees a competitive benefits package as well as extra additional perks such as corporate discounts and memberships.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer