As a Life Reinsurance actuary you will primarily work in an M&A capacity, impacting the financial reporting and hands on technical processes centred around pending acquisitions. However this is not a position where you will be stuck behind a computer button bashing and repeating a single task over and over. You will be exposed to all number of Actuarial works and participate in various company and group strategic projects. Due to the M&A nature of the work you will be encouraged to immerse yourself in the wider Financial market and see the inter-connected nature of the global financial sector.
The ideal candidate will be business-minded and happy to work in an office where there is a lively, agile environment and will be encouraged to ask inquisitive questions, develop their actuarial knowledge and be comfortable collaborating with stakeholders in other company departments. The ability to explain complex issues and answer questions on the fly will be a great advantage. Due to the specialized nature of the team you will be expected to interact with, influence and learn from senior managers, something that other larger companies won't be able to offer you.
* Support preparation of the reporting and regulatory requirements of Solvency II - CBI reporting, Board reporting, Pillar III QRTs, ORSAs, other Group Reporting.
* Participate in actuarial investigations into the mortality and morbidity experience of the company and assumption setting.
* Support calculation of actuarial reserves in respect of premiums and claims on a regular basis for management reporting, financial statement and prudential reporting purposes. Help to maintain robust, stable and auditable systems for calculating the required reserves.
* Develop models for producing technical provisions and capital requirements under the Solvency II regime.
* Participate in the due diligence of new acquisitions as required by the business.
* Analysis and Preparation of data from internal and external sources, data quality checking, implementation of internal controls.
* Documentation of procedures and processes.
* Contribute to company risk reporting process to ensure that appropriate information is presented to senior management and Board(s).
* Provide actuarial support to other departments, particularly the finance and risk teams. Ensure the activities and actions of the actuarial team are in the best interest of the business group and are mindful of the group's good standing and reputation.
Experience and Skills:
* This role would suit a person who is a dynamic team player, who is energetic and passionate with a positive attitude with excellent communication and analytical skills who possesses a high degree of integrity and discretion.
* Newly/Nearly qualified actuary with 3-4 years relevant actuarial experience across a broad range of disciplines, be forward-thinking and possess strong analytical skills.
* Strong understanding of life insurance products and operational intricacies, across unit-linked insurance and guaranteed products with exposure to annuity, withprofits and protection products.
* Knowledge of the European insurance market and some exposure to other financial and capital market sectors.
* Ability to interact with technical and non-technical audiences at all levels, within and across organisational boundaries.
* Strong organisational, influential and communication skills.
* Experience in reinsurance programmes would be an advantage.
* Proficiency in Prophet and Excel would be an advantage, as would be experience using Anaplan."
Charles Levick Limited are a leading global financial recruiter providing innovative solutions across Capital Markets, Financial and Professional Services organisations. Founded in 2008, Charles Levick is privately owned and operates from offices based within the City of London and New York.
A truly independent company with a global reach, we pride ourselves on delivering honest and intelligent guidance developing long term sustainable relationships. Our breadth of expertise and services allow us to deliver solutions across our sectors ranging from junior analyst through to C-Suite requisitions, all delivered with exceptional levels of attention to detail and service that have helped us to grow into the organisation we are today.
We have managed to build an enviable reputation partnering a diverse range of large and small organisations initially within London, but now globally, actively supporting clients across Europe, Asia and the US. With decades of experience, we have been able to develop a substantial knowledge of our markets as well as building loyal relationships with our clients and candidates.
Our business is devised of 5 core areas of specialisation: