About the opportunity
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Department Description
The Product Legal team provides support in relation to all aspects of Fidelity's European fund range and investment products. For the most part, these fund ranges are domiciled in Luxembourg, the UK and Ireland. The team also provides legal advice to senior management on any legal matters or developments which may affect their business.
Purpose of the Role
This is a nine-month fixed-term role arising due to an increased workload within the Product Legal team. The successful candidate will will report to the Global Head of Product Legal. They will be required to pro-actively participate in the work of the team relating to the global fund and product range.
- Support Fidelity's product development functions as they relate to European based products (i.e. UCITS and AIFs), and UK products, and the registration of the funds abroad (Fidelity's products are registered in over 30 countries).
- Provide ongoing legal services, draft and negotiate agreements, provide solutions to various legal queries, help to improve internal procedures in relation to products.
- Provide legal advice on any product legal matters or developments which may affect their businesses and on group strategic projects (such as fund reshapes).
- Review new laws and regulations and assess the impact on the relevant Fidelity products and business units, advise on legal and regulatory environment and liaise with external counsel and/or regulators.
- Represent Fidelity in external meetings and fund associations.
- Act as a key liaison with other legal teams, company secretariat, compliance, risk and internal audit functions within the group, working with these areas to ensure a joined-up and co-operative approach.
- Ensure consistency of processes and standards on fund launches, corporate actions (mergers, closures, objective changes, etc.) and registration with regulators.
- Maintain or organise the maintenance of a know how data base with useful precedents and legal opinions. Help to improve internal procedures and operational processes in relation to product delivery.
Law degree with substantial experience in fund/investment related environments, working at a senior level and in an often unsupervised position. A thorough knowledge of fund structures and the European/UK investment management industry and legislation (UCITS, AIFMD, etc.) is very important. Strong interpersonal skills and can demonstrate confidence and tact when dealing with key stakeholders, board members and senior management. Commercial acumen. Project management and strong organisational skills. Excellent attention to detail. Strong delivery focus. Fluent in English. Any other language skills would be an advantage. About you About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $471 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 30 September 2020. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.