Investment Data Manager
- EUR60000 - EUR80000 per annum
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page Financial Services.
- 08 Feb 18 2018-02-08
This is an exciting opportunity for an Investment Data Analyst where you can use your strong technical skill-set in providing subject matter expertise and oversight for all securities services data processing activities
Highly regarded Hedge Fund Administrator based in central Dublin next to all transport links. This firm's advanced technology has ensured the deliver the highest calibre of service as well as being able to offer a commitment to work/life balance to each member of staff.
As the Data Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a newly formed group utility function that will provide securities data processing services to multiple lines of business within the Investment Services division.
Working directly with the Business Technology Shared Services Group Manager, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Create, maintain and update procedures for securities processing activities
- Ensure that all controls and procedures outlined in the procedures manual and general company policies are complied with across all activities
- Work closely with internal and external clients through client on-boarding processes.
- On-going review of daily controls and communication of any new training or procedural changes to the team
- Act as client relationship manager and service as escalation contact for all supported internal groups
- Ensure appropriate allocation of work across the team
- Conduct training and coaching new team members
- Streamline operational processes to reduce risk and improve efficiencies
- Work closely with technology assisting in defining technology needs and requirements, and performing user acceptance testing, for upgrades, and enhancements
- Management reporting for MIS and ad hoc requests
- As time permits, support data flow documentation for critical high risk reports
As the successful candidate:
- Proven background as a Data Analyst within Investment Management or Fund Administration
- Knowledge of security and pricing reference data
- Knowledge of different asset types including equities, fixed income, futures and options
- Knowledge of various corporate action types including dividends, stock dividends, rights offering, spin offs and mergers
- Knowledge of Advent Geneva, Paladyne, Bloomberg, IDC highly desirable
- Strong IT skills with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SQL preferred
- Superior interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work within a fast paced environment
- Excellent client service orientation and proven ability to deal with demanding clients
- Critical thinker with track record of process improvements
Negotiable salary €60,000 - €80,000 plus benefits and bonus