International Control - Self Assurance & Control Consultant
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
The individual will play an integral role in ensuring effective execution of the Corporate Self-Assurance Activities (SAA). Related responsibilities will include; executing monitoring routines, leading and performing process risk based assessments, subject matter expertise to evaluate control design (SHRP and/or BPRM), drafting & owning comprehensive procedures to support SA activities, executing reoccurring SA reviews, and interact and collaborate with the various LOB's/Self Assurance teams to drive appropriate changes identified as a result of performing SAA's.
- Lead, develop and implement reoccurring Self-Assurance activities
- Collaborate and influence cross functional groups to ensure comprehensive understanding of business process, Control environment, tool/systems supporting process, and formal policies/procedures that align with SAA's.
- Manage inventory of assigned Self-Assurance activities and ensure timely completion of work. This will include initial engagement communications, pre-work, data support, and review routines.
- Ensure formal documentation of work summary to include results, root cause analysis on defects, and overall effectiveness ratings of SAA. Review and offer credible challenge for other Ops Risk Consultants summaries.
- Ability to independently analyze data and translate complex concepts into simplified solutions.
- Monitor changes in our control environment, evaluate SAA control design, and revise review plans to ensure we have appropriate coverage and alignment with Corp SA policy.
- Recognize when SAAs are needed and serve as SME/advisor on the effective design and build out of SAAs.
- Ensure compliance with all Wholesale Self-Assurance program procedures.
- Liaison with SAA data analytics group to ensure appropriate credible challenge of data for SAA's performed.
- Monitor, track, and evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions that are created as a result of SAA activities. Partner with Issue Management cross functional teams as appropriate.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed environment
- Track record of building and fostering strong relationship and collaborate effectively to drive and influence change.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Significant years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or background in IT systems security,
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with assessing risk and control design and effectiveness specific to Banking operations
- Familiarity with [Insert Function] related risk disciplines to include: [Insert function risk disciplines]
- Background in audit, control testing, and/or compliance testing.
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.