Institutional Sales (Options)
- negotiable + bonus+ family health and dental+ pension+ gym+ fully catered breakfast + lunch
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Susquehanna International Group
- 10 Jul 17 2017-07-10
Based on the rapid growth of the sales business recently, we are looking to add a new member to the team. Once on the desk you will have the opportunity to assume considerable responsibility and bring your options experience, knowledge and expertise to an already established but developing desk.
SIG is a designated Options Market Maker in 750 names in Europe, accounting for 11% of all trades on listed equity options across all exchanges in Europe last year. In the US we cover more than 95% of all listed equity options symbols and interact with 10-15% of all listed equity options on a daily basis making SIG one of the largest and most established market makers in options in both Europe and the U.S. Based on the rapid growth of the sales business recently, we are looking to add a new member to the team. Once on the desk you will have the opportunity to assume considerable responsibility and bring your options experience, knowledge and expertise to an already established but developing desk.
The European options sales desk is the client-facing arm of our options trading. As an institutional salesperson you will utilise your knowledge of the European options market and experience by acting as the point of contact for clients trading options with SIG and assisting in further developing our client base. This involves executing trades between clients and our traders who will manage the risk in their trading books, Identifying new client relationships and increasing the amount of client flow coming to the desk.
Executing client trades requires sharp quantitative decision making in a fast-paced environment. Initiating and managing client relationships require tact and diplomacy.
In essence, this is a unique role that requires both quantitative and qualitative skills to succeed.
This desk is a major growth area for SIG Dublin, and joining at this stage provides a unique opportunity with significant prospects.
Specific Job Duties Include:
- Working closely with clients and SIG traders to execute client orders.
- Advising traders on different client relationships and trading styles.
- Initiating and strengthening client relationships. This involves regular travel around Europe.
- Proactively seeking to use your extensive knowledge of the options market to grow the business and increase the amount of client flow that comes to the desk.
- Providing real-time market colour to clients daily.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar client facing role – options experience is essential
- Experience managing and growing a portfolio of clients
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- An additional European language is desirable but not essential
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter, a quick learner, an effective communicator, and resourceful in solving problems