Index Fund Manager
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
- 21 Nov 17 2017-11-21
Index Fund Manager
Our Client is investment management company within assets of over €65bn. They are now looking to hire an Index Fund Manager to add to their growing Indexation Business.
The Job holder will:
- Manage an assigned set of index funds within tracking error limits.
- Raise and instruct orders to match subscription & redemptions on each fund.
- Analyse index rebalances and expected market impact. Propose trading strategies to minimise costs.
- Identify and analyse corporate activity likely to give rise to opportunities to add value. This involves monitoring media and broker commentary and identifying situations where the index treatment is sub-optimal thereby offering potential to add value for clients.
- Present to clients on the operations of the Index area, undertaking client site visits to explain the procedures in place for managing the index process
Key responsibilities include:
- Complying with company rules, guidelines and risk controls in all areas of activity.
- Manage Investing Funds within tracking error limits while taking advantage of Intelligent Tracking opportunities.
- Manage in specie transfers of assets into / out of funds.
- Generate added value for clients by managing index changes, reducing transaction costs and taking optimal decisions on corporate actions within risk budgets.
- Research & implementation of new products.
- Implement Modelling and Reporting for Indexed Funds on the firms Order Management System.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Ideally proven experience working as an Index Fund Manager or, at a very minimum, proven experience working within Fund Management.
- A relevant third level qualification, MSc in Investment and Treasury/CFA or an equivalent suitable qualification.
- Exhibit a high level of numeracy and have good IT capabilities, especially MS Excel. An understanding of market systems such as CRIMS, Factset, Bloomberg and Barra would also be an advantage.
- Self-motivated and demonstrate an enthusiasm for markets and the investment business.
If you would like to know more please contact me directly on mcostello(@)lincoln.ie or 01 6610444.